Chapter 11: Ambush

"Well well, darling. Doesn't this feel like old times?" Said Kireina after she had just dragged her recent victim behind her into the dark alleyway. She had only stood at least ten feet away from Tex and Emily. Tex was still in his human form, but he was ready to shift forms any minute in case he had to fight Kireina. He kept his arm raised a bit to keep Emily behind him, for her safety. "You know, you take down a carcass, you present it to me as a peace offering, and I give in to whatever you say? Funny, I feel like, in this day and age, it'd be best for the roles to be switched up a bit. Don't you think?" Kireina taunts as she fiddles with her double-bladed staff, gently tapping the tip of one of her blades with her claws.

"Funny, last I recall, once I gave you that offering, you'd just take it and snare at me whenever I tried to share it with you" Tex replied with a deep, angered voice.

"Really? Then I guess I was too focused on eating what I can to focus on sharing, especially after I believed you gave that whole carcass to me, your mate" she repels, sounding more ticked off than before.

"Ex-mate. I thought I made it clear that what we had before was done, Kireina" he clarified. He could tell Kireina was using this as a way to get back to him. But he wasn't willing to take the bait.

"Oh, I heard you loud and clear, dear. However, I'm not willing to make this settled yet, without a second chance at least." Kireina was setting this up to look like a deal.

"Second chance?" Tex questions.

"You see, as far as you and I know, Terrarium hasn't made any other t-rexes lately, and based on our plans of rebelling, it doesn't seem like the company will be mutating anymore of them now. If that's true, we're essentially the only t-rexes living on Earth today. Thanks to Terrarium, our species is now at an evolutionary end. But you and I can fix that. Come back to me beloved and we can continue the plan you and I started together. You remember, right? The jungle, the moonlight, the nest?" Kireina had wanted Tex back to save their species from extinction. Reminding him of moments from their time together back then seemed like a good idea in making him give in. Though Tex knew saving their species was important, he didn't want to share that dream with a woman who has no morality on other species' lives and was willing to kill others just to satisfy her own needs of surviving. Unlike before, Tex wasn't willing to be subjugated to her anymore, never again.

"No" he boldly speaks out, keeping his head lowered and his eyes closed, as a way to bravely say this without looking at her to start.

"No?" she questions, curiously.

"For three years, after the most lonely time of my life, I spent every day trying to satisfy your needs and do whatever it took to make you happy. But no matter how hard I tried to please you, you never showed the same appreciation for me. You took me for granted, Kireina, only using me to get what you needed and what YOU wanted" he spoke out, yelling all the time she spent taking advantage of his generous nature just to please herself. "But no more. Never in my life will I give into your pleads, Kireina, and I won't spend my time giving into your temptations ever again!"

As Tex declared this, he would roll up his right sleeve and pressed the marble on his morph bracelet. After an orange glow forms around him, Tex would shapeshift from his human disguise into his true dinosaur form. Cuffing his hands into fists, Tex stood in a stance showing he was ready to fight.