Chapter 5: Separation

It took hours for Tex and Emily to wander Hell Creek's underground sewer system, navigating well thanks to Emily's knowledge of the city's blueprints and underground tunnel system. As a police detective, it was her job to be aware of these things in case of missions ever brought her down here. This was good news for Tex as he was able to move well thanks to her help. Even though the tunnels were dark and murky green, they noticed from bright light appearing from one of the other ends of the tunnel.

"What is that?" Tex asks, confused by the light.

"It looks like a flashlight," Emily answers. "Is anyone there?" She called out to make sure there were people near them.

"Hello? Who's there?! Friend or foe?!" called out a male voice that Tex seemed to recognize.

"Blaster?!" He called out, recognizing his friend's voice.

"Tex? Tex is that you!" replied the same voice. Tex started to speed walk down the tunnel until he turned around the corner. When he did, he would find Blaster, along with Shane, Caren, Morgan, Rover, and Peter. Peter was using the flashlight feature of his phone to help cast a light within the tunnel.

"Tex dude! There you are!" Blaster shouted, feeling ecstatic to see his friend again. He, along with Shane would run up to Tex and greet him with playful punches to his arms. Shane was calmer, but an over-energetic Blaster was a bit rough. He was so excited though, he would give Tex a nuggie on his head.

"Tex, there you are! What happened to you? We were nearly looking for you across town. Well..almost all of us" Caren asked. She felt more concerned and questionable about his whereabouts unlike the boys.

"Hehe, guys, don't worry. I'm fine, really" Tex answered. But he was suddenly happily greeted by Rover, who ran up to him and jumped up, attempting to lick him a bit. When Rover jumped down, Tex would turn to see the new faces of Morgan and Peter. "Uh, guys, who are these two?"

"Oh, these are some new friends of ours. But don't worry, they're dinosaurs and they're cool" Shane answers to help calm him of any worry.

"Indeed. Well, marine reptile, technically. Hi, I'm Morgan. It's a pleasure to meet you, Tex. Wow, Blaster and Shane weren't kidding when they said you look very buff. I mean, not to be too upfront or anything, or...uh" Morgan explained, being a little nervous to meet him since all she heard about him was that he was a t-rex mutated with lots of muscles.

"Uh, yeah, apparently I seem to get that a lot" he replies, a bit flustered, but starting to get used to people recognizing him for his strong build.

"Clearly, kid. Makes you wonder what other kinds of soldiers Terrarium is cooking up. Names Peter, nice to meet ya kid" Peter replies, introducing himself.

"Um, thanks. Wait, soldiers?" Tex felt confused when soldiers came to mind.

"Well whatever the case, we're so glad you're ok. Wait, what happened to Kireina? Weren't you chasing her?" Caren asks, confused about Kireina's whereabouts.

"I was, but she kinda disappeared on me. I may have...well...got caught up in something else than she did" he answers. But he would nervously turn around to point the team out to Emily, who eventually came before them after hiding around the corner of the tunnel. She did get the surprised and nervous feeling of approaching more upright, talking dinosaur people.

"Woah, Tex wasn't kidding, there are more of you" she whispers, surprised by them, but feeling a bit happy to have found more dinosaurs. However, because the team was informed to avoid humans discovering their identities, they suddenly grew shocked and worried about Emily coming before them and learning who they are.