- 𝟎𝟏

⃗

..⃗.  [ 𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺 ] 𑁍ࠜೄ ・゚ˊˎ
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

"DARCY . . . HELLO?" Violet shook her best friend awake. "Go away Vi it's too early" Darcy groaned, rolling over to her other side. "No actually it's 9am, we're late" she implied, sitting on the edge of darcy's bed. Hearing what time it was, Darcy shot up and ran around her room, pulling things together.

"Hockey practice is at 3:30 today right?" Darcy asked her best friend, sliding her sneakers into her bag of hockey gear. "Yup, I'll be there" Vi smiled. The two girls ran downstairs almost falling over Corey, Darcy's brother.

"Hey— aren't you supposed to be at school?" He asked his little sister, raising an eyebrow as she held all of her equipment. "Woke up late, sorry gotta go" she frantically pulled her roller skates on as Violet grabbed her skateboard.

They set off down the quieter streets of Manhattan, the smell of street food filling the air. "Catch up Vi!" Darcy shouted to her friend who was quite far behind her. A dozen thick New York accents filled the air as they finally made it to their middle school.

"You need to slow down speedy" she breathed out dramatically, catching up to her blue eyed and brown haired best friend. "Violet, you are one hell of a friend y'know. Making yourself late for me" Darcy smiled at her, sitting on a bench and switching her roller skates for her sneakers. "Henderson!" A voice yelled from across the way.

Darcy lifted her head to see her coach, Coach Redding, walking over to her. "Hey coach, what's going' on?" She stood up. "As my Star Player, I need you to come to practice earlier today because your parents need you home by 5." He told her. It was weird that she was informed by her coach and not her parents, probably the fact she was late.

"Okay— sure yeah" she nodded with a smile, wanting to get through the day to practice. Hockey practice was Darcy's favourite part of the day, being on the ice, when the ice shaved up when she stopped, the adrenaline running through her body, she loved it.

School was a total bore to her, she felt the opposite of it to hockey. But she couldn't play unless she was a B+ and over student. Fortunately, Darcy was a straight A student, meaning she was able to play for her home team, The Manhattan Wolves.

The bell rang and Darcy made her way to first period, pushing a crumpled up piece of paper around the floor with her hockey stick to her classroom.

The day went pretty quickly, Violet and Darcy hung out whenever they had free time during classes and Violet was none stop talking about this boy she had a huge crush on.