- 𝟏𝟓

⃗

..⃗.  [ 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙻𝙰𝚂𝚃 𝙶𝙰𝙼𝙴 ] 𑁍ࠜೄ ・゚ˊˎ
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

"LIVE FROM THE ARROWHEAD POND IN ANAHEIM, CALIFORNIA, it's team USA versus Iceland in the hockey finals of the Junior Goodwill Games. Hi everybody, this is Bob Miller align with Jaques Berman. Nice to have you with us for what should be an exciting title game tonight."

"Coach!" Adam walked through the doors of the locker room. "Banksie!" Everyone smiled. "I woke up . . . And the pain was gone" he lifted his hockey stick, rotating it in his hand.

"Adam I'm sorry, we already have a full roster." Coach sighed, everyone sighing along with him. Russ had recently joined the team after Charlie introduced him to Coach Bombay to fill Adam's spot.

Darcy stuck out her bottom lip pouting as she looked between Russ and Adam. The boy began to pull his jersey off as Charlie stopped him. "He can have my spot." He made his way to coach and Adam. Everyone look a little sad at this but Darcy had a smile on her face, she knew what coach was gonna say since she had told him Charlie wanted to possibly start coaching.

"It's what I can do for the team, let me do it." He looked at the blonde boy with a small smile. Bombay rested his hand on Charlie's shoulder, "Charlie, I need you on the bench, coaching right there with me."

Everyone let out a cheer and a few claps. "Thank you" Darcy mouthed to coach, a huge smile on her face as he gave her a small nod. She pulled the boy into a hug before they continued to get ready.

"Take a deep breath, here we go." Bombay yelled as team USA made their way onto the ice. Everyone gathered around the bench as coach's as giving them a pep talk.

"Head high! Stand tall! Fly straight! USA!" He yelled, putting his hand in the middle as everyone followed. "All the way!" The team replied, the kids on the ice skating away as the others sat down on the bench. Darcy sat on the bench, watching their final game begin.

Averman took the draw for team USA, getting knocked down instantly as the Iceland player took the puck. Guy was next to get shoved down followed by Dean. Gunner Stahl made a shot only for it to get blocked by Goldberg.

Darcy yelled her heart out for Goldberg and how much he had improved on his goalie skills. She celebrated too early, Iceland circled the net and made it in while Goldberg struggled to push himself up.

"It's alright, we'll get that one back" coach rubbed his chin, looking about the ice at his team. "Line change!" Coach yelled. "Guy, Jesse, Darcy, Russ." He tapped their shoulders, bending down to Russ and asking if he was ready.

"Good luck" Charlie whispered, kissing Darcy's cheek before she jumped over the wall. "Okay, lover boy!" She shouted to him with a smirk on her face as she skated off to right defence.

Russ was instantly cornered by two huge Iceland players and Darcy couldn't do anything but feel bad, but she could yell at them. "Leave the kid alone!" She threw her arms up as he was shoved to the floor.

A few of the kids shoved some Iceland players down as the opposite happened too. Russ was about to attempt his knuckle puck before it was stolen and he fell to the floor.

Darcy bent down as an Iceland player headed towards her and he flipped over her back onto the ice. Sadly, Goldberg couldn't save the next shot and they were down 2-0. Iceland was dominating them. Darcy was suddenly shoved to the floor without warning and the breath was knocked out of her.

It took a few seconds for her to get back up but Guy quickly made his way over and helped her up. "Thanks Guy, really lost my breath then" she giggled softly as he laughed along with her and skated off. Adam was sent out and it actually helped them out a bit before he was hit on his arm with a hockey stick.

"Holy shit, banks you okay?!" Darcy shaved a little ice onto him as she stopped. "Hey ref, why don't you call somethin'? He almost took his arm off!" Bombay yelled agitatedly. The ref took the player off, putting him in the penalty box with two minutes.

Darcy helped Adam back to the bench continuously asking if he was okay. Luckily they only hit the pad. Thank god for pads huh.

The crowd began doing the Mexican wave, Darcy stood in awe at it before turning her attention back to the game. Connie was put on the ice and quickly made it to Iceland's blue line before passing it back to Luis. She crouched down just in time as two Iceland players headed straight for her. Dwayne had it and Dean kept asking for it but Dwayne was being cocky.

He was quickly knocked down and Iceland took over. "Way to go Robertson" Darcy patted his back sarcastically, giving him a push as he skated away. "Get him Luis!" Everyone began shouting as he sped his way down the ice.

He tripped himself up, causing Amselik from Iceland to fall and the two of them slid into Goldberg but was sadly a goal for Iceland. "Show me the Flying V, let's go! Lets go!" Coach patted a few kids on the shoulder as Darcy sat back on the bench.

"You okay, saw you got the wind knocked out of ya" Julie smiled sadly. "I'm okay." Darcy noticed the sad smile and tilted her head. Julie hadn't been put in goal for the whole time they had been in LA. "Holy shit" Darcy shook her head.

"Mhm" Julie shrugged, knowing she caught on. "Coach when you gonna put Julie in goal? She needs a turn!" Darcy stood up, Julie instantly pulling her down. Charlie heard her as coach didn't, taking note to send Julie in. The Flying V failed and the game was now 4-0 to Iceland.

The second period was starting.

THE MIGHTY DUCKS , C.CONWAY
JUNE 12TH 2021