- 𝟏𝟗

⃗

..⃗. [ 𝚅𝙰𝚁𝚂𝙸𝚃𝚈 𝙺𝙸𝙳𝚂 ] 𑁍ࠜೄ ・゚ˊˎ
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

"GONNA TELL US WHAT'S UP WITH YOU?" Julie looked at the dark haired girl. She let out a sigh, turning to them, "I saw Charlie talking to this girl and he looked like he had just seen the most beautiful sunset in the world. It was probably nothing but I got a little jealous."

The girls looked at each other before back at Darcy. "And have you asked him about it?" They glance towards the boys who were talking but were also continuously looking at them to see what was happening. "No, because he'll think I'm clingy and pathetic" she gave them a tight-lipped smile before rolling her lips together and fidgeting with her hockey stick.

"Whatever, just leave it. I'm probably just overreacting, it'll be fine we won't fight about it we'll just keep being the normal happy us." She sighed, putting a smile on her face.

"And I'll just dwell in the sadness of how we haven't started dating yet" she mumbled, loud enough for the two of them to hear though. "Let's go on the ice and talk about it later." Connie patted her shoulder with a 'sorry' type of smile.

Darcy agreed and they all walked out. "Is she okay?" Kenny leans over and whispers to the girl in front of her. Connie turns her head to him, "not my place to say but she got a little jealous of Charlie talking to some girl before." She tried to be quiet, knowing Charlie was next to her.

It didn't work. Charlie heard her and realised why she was a little upset. The girl was only asking him to sign a petition and she walked off because she thought he was a jock and he just laughed because he didn't know what to do.

"Wow this place is great." "This is a nice rink." "Wow" "it's huge" they were all in awe at how big the rink was. "You know, I bet they even have a snack bar here." Goldberg suggested, making Darcy snicker under her breath.

"Big deal" Fulton rolled his eyes. "They look pretty good." Luis watched the varsity team. "They sure won a lot of championships." Julie sighed. "They're not so hot," Charlie shook his head. "You can say that again." Darcy mumbled as she rolled her eyes at the goalie who skated past and winked at her.

Charlie looked at her, "can we talk later?" She nodded in reply to him. They headed onto the ice, Charlie getting stopped as soon as they did. "If it isn't Captain Ducky" the main one said, grabbing his jersey.

"Get your hands off him" Darcy pushed him back, giving him an evil look even though she was way smaller then all of them. "Ooh look. Your little girlfriend sticking up for you." The big blonde one teased.

"I'm not his girlfriend you bastard—" she scolded, Charlie giving her a kind of hurt look the fact she was getting so defensive. "Break it up! Come on, let's go" Wilson broke the two teams up, the goalie once again winking at Darcy.

"How about it cowboy? Round up?" Charlie turned to Dwayne with a smile. "Why'd you get so defensive of him then act like you hated him again?" Julie turned to the girl. She shrugged, messing with her helmet in her hand.

"Hey Charlie shouldn't we wait for the new coach before we mess around?" Connie suggested. "This is how we practice. Duck hockey, Connie. You'll have to get used to it sooner or later." He nudged her gently with a smile.

"We'll come on, cowboy. Hit it" he turned around, looking at Dwayne before glancing over at Darcy who looked upset. Dwayne smiled, "yee-haw! Round 'em up doggies!"

Everyone began skating about as Dwayne chased them with his rope. Darcy gave up and just let herself get caught, banks was caught after her. "Whatta ya doin'?!" Violet stood up and yelled over the boards, "get up and play you Debby downer!"

Averman hid in the goal as Dwayne caught Fulton. "Whoa Charlie, you're done boy!" Dwayne laughed as he threw the rope around Charlie. A whistle blew from the edge of the rink as a man skated over to them.

"My name is coach Orion. You call me 'Coach' or 'Coach Orion'." He explained to them. "Well you can call me Charlie." Charlie stood up from the ice as the others snickered at his comment.

"That must be what that 'C' on your jersey stands for, huh?" He pointed to it with his hockey stick. Darcy wanted to shout, tell him to stop making fun of Charlie but she couldn't. "It sure doesn't stand for 'Captain'" he added.

"Adam I'm not in the mood today, can I just leave with Vi now?" She whispered to the tall boy, keeping her eyes on Coach Orion. "No, no way in hell Darcy. What's up with you?" He whispered back to her.

"I saw Charlie talking to some girl, I got a little jealous" she scratched the side of her nose and looked around, not wanting to look at Adam. "Like an hour ago you were all lovey-dovey" he asked confusedly.

"Mhm, I have to talk to him later about it anyway . . . I hate being mad at him" she sighed, turning her attention back to Coach Orion. "Sorry coach, we were just messin' with ya" Russ told him.

"Hey, Bombay gave him that 'C'" Goldberg furrowed his eyebrows. "And I respect that, but that's the past. This is my team now, and I'll be selecting the captain." Coach Orion told the teens. "You can't do that man" Darcy sighed at the mans statement.

"You gotta be kidding me, right? I mean, you're the rookie here. We all been together for four years." Charlie motioned to the group. "Okay, Charlie, laps. Right now." He pulled the rope from around his shoulders, "how many, Coach Orion?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I don't recall saying" he smiled sarcastically as Charlie began skating laps. As he went around the team first, he brushed his hand against Darcy's giving her a small 'are you okay?' nod. She let her hand go as far as it could before she was out of his reach and she nodded softly.

She couldn't stay mad at him, not for longer than an hour anyway.

THE MIGHTY DUCKS, C.CONWAY
JUNE 13TH 2021