- 𝟏𝟒

⃗

..⃗. [ 𝙱𝙸𝚃𝙲𝙷𝙸𝙽' ] 𑁍ࠜೄ ・゚ˊˎ
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

THE TEAM WAS NOW IN THE FINALS, and everyone followed coach Bombay onto the ice. "Coach, shouldn't we have our hockey gear on?" Luis asked taking his hands out of his pockets. "Yeah?" Averman looked at the man in the green hat.

"Guys this is our last team practice, which means—" he began. "The return of captain blood" averman cut him off making everyone laugh at the comment. "No." He reached over the gate, "it means . . . let's have some fun." He pulled out a beach ball.

"All right!" Everyone cheered as he threw it up for everyone to catch. Charlie and Darcy skated close to each other, fighting to get the ball as the two of them slipped over onto each other. Jans was helping Mr Tibbles skate, he held him close to the boards incase he needed to grab on.

Darcy kicked the ball into the air after helping Charlie up and averman had caught it. He hit the ball, it rolling across the ice and stopping at a group of people's feet. The whole team fell quiet and Miss Mackay grabbed onto coach Bombay's arm, Darcy doing the same with Charlie.

It was Iceland.

Stansson picked the ball up, squeezing it in his hands. He threw it to the side, intimidating the young team. "Playtime is over. We have the ice now." Stansson and his team skated closer to them.

"You and your little rink rats must leave." He added. Darcy hated that term, 'little rink rats', who did he think he was. "We're right here coach" Dean informed Bombay. "The only thing little was your career in the pros." Bombay told the villain-like man causing the whole team of Ducks to laugh.

"Gordon, no. Let's go" Miss Mackay attempted to pull him away. "Well at least I had a shot. I was there." He replied to his comment, not being phased by it. "You were a disgrace." Darcy couldn't stand the look on Stansson's face, he looked smug like he had won them over and she hated it.

"Alright team, we're outta here. Let's go I said, come on!" Coach sighed, not wanting to cause any shit. "Can you still move on the ice?" The man asked.

Darcy rolled her eyes, far enough that if she did it again they'd get stuck. "I'm sick of his total shit-eatin' mouth" Darcy mumbled, a few of her teammates hearing and agreeing with her. "Well please, okay a little with me. Show me the famous triple deke your daddy taught you. Or was it that old geezer over there?" Stansson nodded his head towards Jans, a few of the kids gasping quietly at his words.

He chucked a hockey stick at coach, holding his own one. "Three bar. First one to hit both posts and the crossbar. Have to take it out past the blue line." Coach stared at the man with greasy ass hair. "I know the game" he told him.

They skated up to each other before starting to skate around the rink. They circled behind the goal only for coach to get shoved by Stansson as he skated of with the puck. He shot it and it hit one of the bars, meaning he had to hit the left and crossbar to win.

Both teams watched from either side as they played against each other in the middle. Coach now had the puck, skating quickly with Stansson in front of him. He hit it and it bounced off the left bar. "Wooo!" "Yeaah!!" "Go coach!" Team USA yelled, cheering him on. "Come on coach!" Darcy yelled smiling.

Bombay tricked him out, going one way before quickly switching to the other just to get shoved once again by the taller man. They watched intensely, Darcy grabbing Charlie's hand tightly while biting at her nails nervously hoping Bombay would win.

Coach Bombay made the second shot, hitting it off the right bar. "News flash, that wasn't even my trike deke." Coach teased Stansson. Darcy cheered as she held onto Charlie's hand. He quickly made a turn causing the Iceland team's coach to fall to the floor.

"One more post and you go home crying. By the way, Stansson, you owe me a beach ball." He began skating past him as he stood up. Unexpectedly, Stansson hit his stick against the back of Bombay's leg, causing him to fall to the floor.

"That's not fair play you ass!" Darcy yelled, flipping the man off as she skated over to her coach. "You okay coach?" She hit her shoulder against the large man before bending down to help coach up along with her teammates.

"Get your coach off the ice. We have to practice now" stansson smirked. "Stay back" the team held Bombay back, but Charlie held Darcy back. She was like a leopard ready to attack the calm, approaching gazelle in the field in front of her.

It had started to get late so they gave up the ice and began to head home. The three girls headed to their room in front of the group of boys, talking and giggling about things they couldn't hear.

"I can't believe Henderson had the guts to flip Stansson off and call him an ass, he looks like he could just stand on her like an ant" Goldberg chuckled. "I can hear you Goldberg" Darcy turned her head to the side slightly, showing she was listening to them.

"She calls him names all the time on the bench, you should hear her mumbling about him during the games we have against Iceland." Connie let's out a small laugh before trying to unlock their door.

"What? I just don't like the guy, I gotta do what I gotta do" she shrugged, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink as the attention of the group was now on her. "Now that was so New York of you" Adam chuckled softly.

"Don't stereotype me Banks," she pointed a finger at him jokingly. "I'm kiddin' see ya's for the game tomorrow" Darcy headed into her room before the group of boys split up and went to their separate rooms in their groups.

As she walked through, she gave Charlie a small wave and a sweet smile and he returned it. She let out a happy sigh while leaning against their room door. The only problem was, this was the start of their last week together.

Only a few more days until she'd probably never see them again.

THE MIGHTY DUCKS , C.CONWAY
JUNE 13TH 2021