- 𝟏𝟕

⃗

..⃗. [ 𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺 𝚃𝙾 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙳𝚄𝙲𝙺𝚂 ] 𑁍ࠜೄ ・゚ˊˎ
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

ITS BEEN A WHOLE SUMMER SINCE DARCY SAW THE DUCKS. She missed them dearly but was glad to be back home even if it was for a few weeks until she moved. Apart from the fact that her whole family, even Violet, we're teasing her about her kiss with Charlie.

At the end of the summer, Darcy and Violet and even her brother Corey had received a letter from a high school in Minnesota. Eden Hall. Recently, Darcy had moved to Minnesota along with violet and her brother, because of this school.

She missed her parents though, they were back in New York but they promised to visit whenever they could. Darcy, Violet and her brother were staying at their grandmothers house. What the rest of the team didn't know was that they now lived in Minnesota and were also going the same high school.

Coach told them that he wouldn't be their coach this year. It made them sad but they couldn't do anything about it, they knew he'd still be there for them.

Darcy was excited to see Charlie and her friends again in over a month. Being now 14 and winning the Jumior Goodwill Games earlier in the year, she felt like she was ontop of the world, like she could beat anyone at a hockey match.

Julie, Dwayne, Kenny, Luis and Russ all walked into school together talking about some new coach. "And guess who moved to Minnesota" Darcy stood behind them. She was wearing jeans, and one of Charlie's old Ducks jerseys he gave her before she left. "Don't leave me out, introduce me" Violet huffed.

"Darcy?!" The five of them turned around in shock having not seen her in months. "Henderson!" Luis opened his arms and walked to her. "Mendoza, ma' man" she giggled softly pulling him into a hug.

She said her hellos and gave out hugs to her fellow teammates. "This is Violet Winston, my best friend." Darcy introduced. "Hi" she smiled cheerfully. "She's cute, are all your friends cute Darcy?" Luis gave Violet a nod. "Sorry Luis, Vi is currently in love with my brother, and she's also the only friend I have outside of the Ducks."

"You talkin' 'bout me again? If my name's gonna stay in your mouth you better put some good words with it, nothin' embarrasing" Corey walked up, pulling his sunglasses down his nose and patting his sister on the back. "Holy shit" Julie mumbled, looking up at him.

Violet gave a shrug and looked at Luis, "he's more my age, Corey's too old." Luis winked at her, causing Violet to blush. Corey gave a cheeky smirk to Julie as he made his way into the school to find his friends who he already made.

"Where's the rest of the ducks?" Darcy began walking with them, Luis putting his arm around Violet. Kenny coughed a little, "you mean your boyfriend." Darcy let out a small scoff, "for a little ex-figure skater you sure have gained a big mouth Kenny" she giggled softly.

"Charlie's your boyfriend? Since when?" Vi asked. "He's not my boyfriend, just close friends" she smiled sweetly, thinking about the idea if they were or not.

"Yeah, really close friends." Dwayne nudged her gently. "Guys, come on. I haven't seen the boy in over two months." She pouted, acting innocent.

The group took a seat in the big hall, the varsity kids behind them along with her brother. "Hey asshole" she leaned back in her chair and whispered to her brother. "Shut up pissface" he smirked, pushing her chair forward, making her body jolt forward too but Julie stopped her from moving out of her seat.

"You Ducks don't belong here at Eden hall." The main varsity guy spoke up, making them all turn around. "What?" Russ looked at him with narrowed eyes. "What did y—" Darcy's head spun round quicker than an owl's when it hears its prey.

"Hey, easy Russ, Darcy. They probably just think we're someone else. Um— I'm Dwayne. We're the new hockey team. And you are . . .?" Dwayne cut her off, being his usual self. The blonde guy took his gum out of his mouth and pressed it into Dwayne's hand.

"Oh you little shit—" Darcy was about to stand up when Corey pushed her shoulders down. "You stay sat down" he raised his eyebrows. "You know her?" The main one turned to him.

"Yeah she's my sister you idiot, these are her friends leave them alone" he ran his hand through his hair. "Right" he nodded sarcastically. The meeting type thing finally started and it was boring to day the least.

"We proudly open our doors via full scholarships. To a truly gifted group of student athletes. So will you please join me in giving a big, rousing Warrior welcome to the gold medal winners of the junior goodwill games—" Dean Buckley began, the team smiling at each other before he was cut off by a commotion behind the curtains.

The curtain fell down into a heap and everyone was laughing apart from the ducks in the crowd. The pulled the curtain off themselves. "Hi" Charlie gave them all a tight-lipped smile, "we're the ducks."

They all went to Dean Buckley's office and that's where they all reunited. "Hey lover boy" Darcy sang as she stood at the door. Charlie turned around to see the girl in one of his extra mighty ducks jerseys that he gave her before she left.

"Henderson?" He turned to her, a bright smile on her face. Violet stood against the wall, watching the group confused at why they were so interested in everything. She returned a smile before walking over to him and pulling him into a hug, her arms wrapping tightly around his neck as his arm around her waist and his head fell into the crook of her neck.

"God I missed you" he mumbled quietly, loud enough that see could hear. "You got even cuter" she whispers, not being able to get over how deep his voice went and how (dare i say) hot he had gotten.

Darcy introduced the rest of the team to her best friend and her brother even though he wasn't there. "Charlie, man, this is not a good start to our year." Kenny sighed. "Don't worry, Kenny. These preparers aren't gonna do anything to us." He smiled, keeping his arm around Darcy's shoulder not wanting to ever let her go again.

THE MIGHTY DUCKS , C.CONWAY
JUNE 13TH 2021