- 𝟐𝟕

⃗

..⃗.  [ 𝙶𝙾 𝙲𝙾𝙰𝙲𝙷𝙴𝚂! ] 𑁍ࠜೄ ・゚ˊˎ
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

"YOU'RE DUMPING 'EM, JUST LIKE THAT?" Coach Orion grew more and more angry as Dean Buckley told them the news. "Coach, I'm sorry. Your team isn't performing, and I've been under enormous pressure." The man replied.

"From who? The alumni group? A bunch of ageing pep clubbers?" Coach scolds him. "Yes, I'm trying to do you a favour. With those kids gone, you'll get to pick your own team. Let's face it, the Ducks are drowning." He chuckled at his own joke.

The group of teens sat at every window and the doors to listen at the conversation. "I got my team. Either that stay or I go." Orion sticks up for them, making every one of them smile widely.

"We'll miss you, Ted." Dean Buckley hits his arm before walking off, leaving them all confused and pissed off. "Why us?" One of them asks. "Cause he's a slime." Another voice from the group replies as they file out of the bus. "Yeah, I know where that dude lives."

"We're just pawns, puppets for the stage show, jesters to entertain the king, barnacles on the bottom of—" Averman's words get faster and faster. "Shut up!" Russ shouts over him, putting his hand out to his face.

"Coach is this legal? I mean, down we have contracts or something?" Goldberg asks as they crowd around the man. "I don't wanna go back to New York, especially not yet." Darcy sighed, stressing about the whole situation.

Charlie offered the girl his hand to comfort her, which she gladly took as she played with his fingers. "I don't know what it is. All I know is we're gonna fight it." He says sternly, reassuring everyone it'll be okay.

****

The whole board sat around a table, Dean Buckley and Coach Orion at the front while the whole team of ducks stood at the side. "Do I have a motion for reconsideration?" Dean Buckley clears his throat.

The board members muttered to each other. Each duck stood in a fancy outfit, either a suit and tie or a dress. Charlie shook his head, a few of the kids looking down while Darcy just fidgeted with Charlie's fingers once again.

"I'm sorry, coach, but unless there is a motion from a board member and a second, the decision must stand." Dean told Coach Orion. The varsity team and some of the parents stood on the other side of the room. Casey, Violet, Winnie and Corey along with some of the other Duck's parents were there.

"You leave us no choice but to bring in our attorney." Coach spoke up making a few comments go around the room. Charlie shot a cheeky smile to Darcy as everyone's heads turned to the opening door.