- 𝟐𝟗

⃗

..⃗. [ 𝙴𝙳𝙴𝙽 𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙻 𝙳𝚄𝙲𝙺𝚂 ] 𑁍ࠜೄ ・゚ˊˎ
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

THE GAME AGAINST VARSITY CONTINUED. Varsity made a shot and Julie blocked it. "Clear the puck come on! Get with it, defence!" She yelled the her team around her. The ducks made a shot but Scooter blocked it. Darcy was swapped out so she took her seat on the bench, waiting for her turn back in.

"Nice save, Catlady." Goldberg helped Julie up from the ice as she saved a shot. "Thanks, Goldberg." There was another line change but Darcy was still on the bench.

Varsity began playing dirty and shoving the ducks everywhere. Line change after line change and Darcy was finally put in on the third one. Darcy picked up her speed as she skated backwards, only for it to backfire and she got a huge check into the boards, making her go dizzy.

She fell onto the ice, not moving for a moment to make sure she wouldn't pass out. The crowd stood up, looking to see if she was okay. "Darcy! Henderson!" A few voiced yelled as three figures skated over. "Damn Darc, that was a big hit" Fulton looked down at her.

"Hiya little duck." Dwayne smiled. "You okay, baby?" Charlie held his hand out. She let out a groan before taking her boyfriends hand. "Yeah— I think I'm fine" she looked about. "Go take a seat." They helped her over to the bench. "I'll be fine in a minute" she smiled, taking a seat next to Goldberg.

After having some water and sitting down for a few minutes the dizziness went away. "Fulton, Goldberg, change it up! You too Henderson if you're okay." oach Orion ordered. Darcy made her way onto the ice, only to get a shooting pain in her left wrist. The dizziness must have covered the pain, leaving her to hold it tightly after dropping her stick.

"Henderson I thought you were okay to play!" Coach yelled to her. "I'm— I'm fine!" She yelled back, picking up her stick and carrying on while trying to ignore the pain shooting through her nerves. Charlie made a breakaway but as he hit the puck he was beat by the buzzer.

They were now two periods in and there was no score. The ducks made their way to the locker room. "Hey you sure your okay Darcy?" Julie and Connie stood on either side of her. "Yeah, I'm okay" she nodded, knowing she was lying, really badly, to them.

They started a conversation to try and take her mind off of her wrist, it worked for a while until they sat in silence. "You're playing hard, I'm proud of you guys." Coach walked down the isle.

"They're cheap shorting us to death—" Luis spoke up. "I know they are. I know they are." "It's gonna take a miracle for us to hold on." Averman sighed. The door swung open.

"Dean Portman is awarded a full athletic and academic scholarship to the Eden Hall Academy. I had this lying around the house in Chicago, my attorney thought I should sign it and I agreed. It's official boys, I'm back!"

The team stood up and ran to hug and welcome him. "Portman!" Darcy cheered, holding her hurt hand close to her as her other one was in the air. "Henderson, Little duck! What did you do to your wrist?" He spoke, quietening everyone down.

"Oh, uh— it's nothing." She shrugged. "Come on, man. Tell me" he tilted his head as everyone looked at her. "Fine ... I got a hard check into the boards by Cole, I went dizzy and it must've covered the pain of my wrist." She sighed. "Rotate this." Adam held his stick up.

"Adam—" she looked at him. "Do it, Bombay made me do it." He looked back at her. Darcy glanced at Coach Orion before looking at Charlie and the others. They gave her a small nod meaning she had to do it.

A sigh escaped her lips as she held Adam's hockey stick in her hurt hand. "Now rotate it." He implied. She held it out and began rotating it but she dropped it before her hand even faced upwards.

"Darcy why didn't you say anything?" Connie looked at her in sympathy. "I wanted to beat them and their snobby little asses." She shrugged. "You can't play." Fulton looked at her.

"Yeah, I can. I can use my other hand, look it's just as strong and I've practiced with one hand before." She pleaded, wanting to play. "Try it, if it hurts you're off okay?" Orion looked down at her. "Alright." She nodded, the team heading back out but Dean with them this time.

Third period began and Dean skated out with them. "Oh, look it's the other Bash Brother. I'm really shakin' now." Cole laughed. "So you're the one who checked our Henderson into the boards? It's nice to meet you, I'm gonna not literally kill you but I want to." Dean smiled.

"Shut up, let's play hockey." Cole shook his head. Dean let out a laugh, "whatever you say, sunshine." Cole sped off with the puck, Dean not far behind him. He stole the puck and hit it to one of the ducks as Cole skated at him.

Dean bent down, sending the big blonde guy over his back and breaking through the glass, landing on some of the crowd. "Now that's clearing garbage." Fulton laughed as him, Dean and Darcy stood looking at him. "Well done Port." She smiled, patting the side of his head to mess with him even though she wasn't tall enough to reach the top of his head.

With Dean back, the Bash Brothers dominated the ice and practically let the Ducks shoot as much as they needed to. Darcy was put on the bench when the line change happened and she watched Dean trip someone up which put him in the penalty box.

She laughed at him as he began taking his jersey and gear off. "Shake it all up, baby!" Goldberg yelled. "Hubba Hubba Hubba!" The guy on the intercom said making them laugh and cheer as the band played.

"Charlie don't give up man! They ain't that tough! Show off for your girl!" He pointed at Charlie as he skated by. "Too many men!" The coach from the varsity team yelled.

"Bench minor. Too many men on the ice." The ref blew his whistle. "Alright Luis!" Orion yelled. "Luis back in the bench, Wu go to the box!" Now Ken and Dean were in the box, meaning the little bash brother and the big bash brother were together.

The Ducks won. The team skated onto the ice to congratulate Goldberg on his win. "All right!" Julie skated over. "Goldberg! Goldie, I knew you could do it!" Charlie held his cheeks. "Don't ever do that to me again." He shook his head.

They pulled each other and the whole team into a hug. "We did it!" Darcy squealed as she was pulled into a tight hug by Charlie. "Hey! Watch the hand!" She pulled back. "Sorry baby" he pouted before hugging her again but watching her hand.

Luis ended up making out with Ricky's girlfriend as he walked by. Charlie gave his mom a hug before rejoining the team. A banner was dropped for 'The Eden Hall Mighty Ducks' and they all cheered. "Congrats Goldie!" Darcy gave Goldberg a huge hug. "Thanks Henderson!"

As she skated around, Darcy was pulled by someone. Only to turn around and be met by Charlie Conways lips on hers.

THE MIGHTY DUCKS , C.CONWAY
JUNE 26TH 2021