- 𝟐𝟒

⃗

..⃗. [ 𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚁 𝙳𝙰𝚃𝙴 ] 𑁍ࠜೄ ・゚ˊˎ
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

"AM I FORGIVEN?" Charlie breaks the small, comfortable silence after the kiss they shared. "You're forgiven" she whispered softly, his forehead resting against hers. Squeals erupted from the locker room, seeing the shadows of their teammates through the window on the door.

Realisation hit her, they saw that happen. "Oh my god," she stifled laugh. "What?" He asked confused. "They saw the whole thing." She giggles, pushing the door open to reveal a group of squealing teenagers.

"Shut it, come on we'll get the varsity team back." She smirked and walked in, getting over the small fight they had. A few of them had gone to the science labs and stolen a huge tank of liquid nitrogen.

"I love this liquid nitrogen." Russ chuckled as they walked around the Varsity's locker room, freezing all of their jerseys. They even did Adams too. The rest of them walked out to meet their parents.

"Darcy!" Violet smiled and waved her arms about. A giggle escaped her lips as she ran over to where her best friend, brother and grandmother were. "God that was a stressful game." She breathed out, embracing her family in a hug.

"That was a great game Darcy, I should come to more." Winnie smiled happily, kissing her granddaughters head. "Here's your lover boy" Vi whispered tapping her shoulder. Charlie walked over to them with the redhead lady from the stands, his mom.

"Conway" Darcy span around on her heels, smiling at the boy. "Henderson." He gave her a small nod of his head and a bright smile. "Charlie, this is my grandma Winnie and you know Violet and Corey." She introduced them.

"Nice to meet you Winnie" he smiled at the old lady, shaking her hand pleasantly. "Darcy this is my mom." Charlie motioned to the red haired woman who sheepishly waved and walked over. "Hi Darcy, I've heard a lot about you." She shook the girls hand.

"I'm Casey" the woman introduced herself. The group talked and got to know each other. "Hey, I should go get ready. I'll see you there?" She spoke over the others' conversations. "Yep, see ya there." The boy told her, kissing her cheek making their families turn to them.

"What?" Darcy blushed, Charlie smiling and saying goodbye before him and his mom left.

****

The dark haired girl entered the diner, looking around for her lover boy. "Darcy" Charlie sat at the counter talking to his mom. "Hey," she smiled sweetly, taking her coat off and sitting down next to him.

"Mom" Charlie called, the red haired lady walking over again. "Hey love birds." She smirked cheekily, leaning against the counter in front of them. "Fries and two chocolate milkshakes please, thank you" he gave her a sweet, innocent smile before looking to Darcy and smiling.

He always knew her order, he practically knew everything she ever needed or wanted. He could read her thoughts as good as you could read a book.

"You always know, huh?" She rested her head on her hand. "I do." The two teens chatted for a while, Casey soon bringing their food over. "Thank you Casey" Darcy thanked her politely, Charlie doing the same.

"Do you ever think where the whole team would be in like 20 years?" She thought out loud to the boy across from her. "Yeah, sometimes I do actually" He nodded agreeing with her.

Darcy picked up her fry and dipped it in her milkshake before placing it in her mouth. They began chatting the whole night, catching up on things and talking about what the future could look like.

"Hey— Darcy?" Charlie broke the comfortable silence between them, spinning on his stool to face her. "Mhm?" She mumbled, breaking out of her daydream of staring at him.

"So, I probably should've gone this sooner. But I really like you Darcy a— and well . . ." He stuttered and her stomach fluttered as she heard his words, no matter how broken the sentence was. "Darcy will you be my girlfriend? Please?" He added onto the end to sound polite. She giggled at his words and smiled widely.

"Conway you've officially won my heart." Darcy's cheeks flush red as she replies to his question. "You won mine on the first day you arrived here." He smirks, trying to make it a competition. "Oh yeah? Well . . . lover boy. Be prepared for a competitive relationship." She wiggles her eyebrows at him.

****

The team sat in the cafeteria, eating their lunch. Charlie looked a little pissed off and Darcy didn't really understand why but carried on her conversation with Luis. "Hey, congrats on the Blake game." Ricky walked over with the varsity team.

"Yeah right. We tied." Charlie looked up from the table to his friends. "Hey a points a point" Ricky told the boy, "we're all Warriors now. You guys proved your guts. You all set for dinner Friday?" He asked.

"Dinner?" Russ tilted his head. "Well, it's an Eden Hall tradition. Varsity got to treat the freshmen to dinner. So round up your posse and meet us at 6:00 at the Minnesota club, downtown." He nodded.

"Sorry to burst your little bubble Ricky, but I can't go." She gave him a sarcastic smile. "Heyyy, why not beautiful?" He shot her a small smirk. Darcy could practically see Charlie's blood boiling.

Her jaw clenched and her eyes went dark as she looked at the boy. "Because I'm not a stuck-up jackass that lets varsity boys take me to dinner, no matter the status. Also my parents are coming into town and you're not worth my time." She gave him another sarcastic smile, sitting back in her seat.

A proud smile formed on Adam's lips as he held back a small laugh. He missed his team, but it was a big opportunity to play for varsity. Charlie discreetly sent her a wink, turning back to the boys wearing red jackets. As they walked off, Darcy spoke up again. "I don't think you should go."

"Why?" A few of them asked. "You really think that that is a proper tradition? I think it's a bullshit excuse to get us back for what we did to their old jackets." She looked around. "Well free food, I'm in." Goldberg shrugged.

"All right, you guys do that. If they did get you back for it you owe me 5 bucks each."

THE MIGHTY DUCKS , C.CONWAY
JUNE 20TH 2021