- 𝟐𝟓

⃗

..⃗.  [ 𝟹 𝙳𝚄𝙲𝙺𝚂 𝙻𝙴𝙵𝚃 ] 𑁍ࠜೄ ・゚ˊˎ
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

"YOU OWE ME FIVE BUCKS." Darcy smiled as she stood in front of Fulton and Charlie. The two boys sighed as they handed it to her and she put it in her back pocket. "Hey where's the rest of the team?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Coach Orion made everyone quit the Ducks, we didn't wanna. That's kinda why I called you" Charlie sighed. "He did what?" She asked shocked. "Yeah, he made everyone put their duck jerseys in the trash." Fulton added.

"I'm a duck for life, I might have been a wolf at first but the ducks are my whole world now. If they wanna quit, let them . . . They'll realise what they've done soon." Darcy told the boys. "But— hey come on, let's have some fun." She pushed them along.

"We all saw the kiss by the way." Fulton spoke up into the silence. "I know you did." Darcy sighed in defeat, letting out a breathy laugh. "Are you two together now?" He asked. "Yeah" Charlie nodded, taking her hand in his.

"Wow now I'm a third wheel." He chuckled. "Sorry Ful, we won't make you feel like that." Darcy reassured him as they made their way to some games. "You guys playing a little hokey today huh?" The man asked as the three of them began to play.

"And girls" she added. "Don't worry your secrets safe with me. I played a lot of hooky when I was your age." The man smiled. They rolled their eyes with smiles on their faces and continued playing. "I won!" Darcy cheered as she span around.

After a few games they decided to get some food. "What do you say we do the coaster?" Fulton looked at the smaller girl and the boy his height. "Forget it, man. We're too old for that." Charlie waved it off. "See Ful, I would but I've just ate and I don't wanna spew everywhere." Darcy giggled as they walked through crowds of people.

"Come on, man. It'll be fun." He whined, wanting to do it. "All right, you comin' baby?" Charlie turned to her and winked. "Don't do that, and no I'll wait for ya" she leant up and kissed his cheek as she held their food for them while they went on the roller coaster.

The two boys sat at the front, waving to Darcy every time they went past. They ended up getting more and more food, Darcy was close to throwing up at one point that had that much. Fulton and Charlie got some hotdogs and a girl, much older than them, walked past causing their eyes to follow a certain part of her back profile.

Darcy slapped Charlie's arm making him drop his hotdog, "hey! You've got a girlfriend idiot" she narrowed her eyes at him making both of them laugh. They went on the roller coaster about four more times before going on a few others.

Charlie stuck his head in one end of the trash can as Fulton did the other side, the two of them just continuously throwing up. "Okay, come on." She sighed, leaning against the trash can as kids around them shouted 'eeuuwhh'.

"Let's go." A security guard walked over, patting the top of the green trash can. "Jesus" she sighed, dragging the two sickly boys out of the amusement park.

"You didn't need to go that hard ya know?" Darcy held Charlie's hand as they made their way down the streets of Minnesota. "Sure beats school though, huh?" Charlie turned to them, stepping up over a pile of bricks. "It was" she smiled.

"Hey, listen, tomorrow will be more fun." He informed them, about to head up the stairs to his moms apartment along with Darcy. "Yeah but after that, I mean what? We can't do this forever." The boy in all black leant against the wooden banister.

"We'll figure somethin' out Ful" Darcy gave him a soft smile. "See, the way I got it figured, we go to public school for a couple years, then we just go play Juniors in Canada. You only gotta be 17." Charlie suggested. "Charlie, honey I can't just leave Eden Hall or my parents will make me move back to New York and go to my old school again." She sat a few steps above him on the steps.

"Yeah man, I don't even know if I could make Juniors." Fulton agreed with the dark haired girl. "Are you kidding me? With your shot Fulton? And how smart you are Darcy? Come on." He chuckled nervously.

"I mean . . . I don't know if I wanna play hockey for the rest of my life." Charlie's smile faded at Fulton's words. "Sorry" he apologised.

"Charlie, come on . . . I like how big your dreams are but they're not everyone's dreams remember? Fulton has his own dreams and I do too. If it were up to me I'd go to public school with you but my parents wouldn't let me see you again." Darcy kissed his cheek as she moved down to his level.

"You're going back. Both of you." He accused. "We can deal, man. The ducks are there." Fulton looked at Darcy for help. "Dude— fine just get outta here then. I don't care! I don't need you, go!" Charlie looked at them both.

Fulton gave Darcy an apologetic look as she put her hand on his shoulder. "Charlie come on—" she tried to get him to realise. "Darcy just go, I don't need you anymore." He turned his head away. "Charlie—" her heart began to burn at his words.

Fulton listened as he walked away slowly. "I said go" he sighed. She nodded, a tear slipping from her eye as she got up and ran to Fulton. As she made it to him around a corner, he stopped and pulled her into a hug. "I'm so sorry Darcy" he sighed, "I know how much this scholarship and Charlie means to you."

"Charlie means more but I'm doing it so I can keep seeing him and he didn't even listen . . ." She shrugged, trying not to burst into tears in his arms. "Let's go home." He rubbed her back in circles softly trying to comfort her, walking her all the way back to her grandma's house.

"Mom." Charlie entered the diner. "I've been trying to reach you." She stood up from the stool, walking to her son with tears down her eyes. "Hans . . . Passed away."

Everyone attended his funeral, even Corey and Violet. Darcy stayed hand in hand with her best friend with Fulton on Violets other side. Violet and Fulton had actually ended up dating each other the other day when Luis and Vi said they were only friends.

She rested her head on Violet's shoulder as coach Bombay walked over.

THE MIGHTY DUCKS , C.CONWAY
JUNE 20TH 2021