Chapter 3 - Animals

As Loki follows you behind, watching as you interact with each animal on your way. Your soft smile to each, how you kiss some on the head with a loving gaze.

You gave him some chicken food, his other hand carrying the large bucket as you again lead him to another stable containing different type of chickens.

"Do you cook them?" Loki asks, throwing food to the hens and quickly wiping it on his armor.

You shake your head, "I use them for eggs, I feel too guilty about killing them." She chuckles, scratching her neck as her cheeks had a tint of pink.

"Nothing to be embarrassed about," Loki replied, taking another batch of food to throw as the chickens devoured. Swirling by his feet, "Empathy is a great trait."

You chuckle again, your cat meeting your leg as he rubs on it. Moving it's way to Loki to do the same, only for Loki to step back and trip on his back; a yelp coming from him.
The chickens migrating away before they get hit. Clacking in their own form of laughter.

You lend him a hand, a small smile painted along your features; "A God being clumsy? Now that's one in a lifetime." You tease as he greatfully take your hand, pulling him up too much that your noses accidentally touch.

He rubs his neck and scoots away, "I tripped, I'm not clumsy." Loki retorts, returning to his cold demeanor as he goes back to sending food along the chickens.

"Aw, are you embarrased?" You ask, tilting your head in a teasing manner. "You should be more like that, you look  adorable." You said, walking away from the stables.

"I am no such thing!" Loki shouts, hearing your laugh from outside as he continued feeding.

~~

Leading him to the cow stables, holding a shovel as you tell him what to do.

"Why do you save their feces?" Loki asks, crinkling his nose in disgust. You roll your eyes and hand him the shovel.

"Did you skip kindergarten?" You shake your head, "I need them for fertilizer, what else?"

Loki nods, a tight-lipped smile as he tried to push the feces out of the way. His shoes gunked with it as he tried not to vomit in your stables.

"Gods, you're so dramatic." You complain, watching as he covers his nose. Patting his hands on his armor each time he sent the gunk inside the bucket.

He looks at you, exasperated; "How do you do this every day?" Loki asks.

"It's easy, stop being such a baby," You rake a large pile, shoving it in it's place, "I thought you said you weren't?" You ask in a teasing tone.

"I am now," Loki said, throwing the shovel to a wall, "Take me away from this filth."

You roll your eyes, cuffing your sleeves as you let the shovel lean to a wall. Leading the God to your flower patch which he ruined.

Loki let out a nervous laugh, glancing at you and the field.

"You, mister," You point to his chest, trying to intimidate him, "Are going to fix that tomorrow."

"Your intimidation is terrible, my lady." He taunts, following you as you lead him to the horses. Giving him a brush and hay.

"I need you to feed them, addition points if you brush their mane." You jester, taking your own duo of food and brush.

"What are their names?" Loki asks, brushing the white horse. The black one watching protectively.

"The white on is Yang, the black one is Yin. They're lovers, adorable aren't they?" You ask as the white one nuzzles his nose on Loki's hand.

"They quite are." Loki said, petting it once you looked away.

"I found them playing by the sunset by the valley, it was such a heartwarming moment. I would kill to see that again." You smile at the memory.

"And that one?" Loki asks, pointing to the brown one you were tending to.

"Ainsley, it meant solitary or alone. I saw him lonely, strapped to a pole as the others leave him behind." You feed the horse some hay, petting it's mane.

"Such stories..they seem familiar." Loki remembers the book, it had the same stories. But, they weren't horses but midguardians.

"I wrote that book," You said, turning on your heel to look at him. "Their story was.. interesting so I typed it into a book back in the tower." You explain.

"Well, you're a great writer." Loki compliments, making heat rise to your cheeks.

"You flatter me too much, your highness." You jester, bowing awfully in front of him as he laughed at your antics.

~~