Chapter 29 - Return the stones

Now, sat upon a bench as you watch the rest eating happily. Days after that whole battle, they've taken a rest and so have you.

You healed a bunch of soldiers that day, who knew you could heal that much?

"Open wide." Loki said, a spoon filled with rice as you did as he said. "Are you alright, you seem lost." Loki asked, leaning closer to take a clearer look of your face.

"I'm alright, but did you really have to kiss me several times in the past?" You ask with a small chuckle.

He blushes, "Well, it's not my fault I missed you. Dear, you've been gone for five years." He excused.

You roll your eyes playfully, "When we get home, I expect to be in bed all day." You smile.

"Of course, then I could get all the kisses I want." He said with a smirk, hearing Stark imitate a gag behind you.

"God, you guys are too sweet. I have a toothache." Tony said, sitting in front of you.

"Don't be jealous you and Pepper aren't the same as us." Loki retorts, kissing your cheek to show off. Feeling heat rise to your cheeks.

Tony points a finger to Loki, "I let you borrow my suit, don't insult me, reindeer games."

"Why are you here exactly, Tony?" You ask, genuinely curious.

"Well, Wanda looked awful when Vision was gone. Seriously, her eyeliner was-" He cleared his throat when he sees your glare. "I got tons of Vibranium from the king, we could remake Vision."

Your eye widens, "Oh my God, that awesome!" You exclaim, "Wait, why aren't you telling Wanda?" You ask.

"Well, we're planning to do it right after Cap brings back the stones." Tony explains, pointing a thumb to the machine stood outside.

You smiled, "Thanks, Tony. That would mean a lot to her and us." You said.

Pietro zooms next to Tony, "Come on, old man! We're about to see Steve off." He nudges Stark, "Hello, brother-in-law." He teases.

Loki blushes wildly, "I have no idea what you mean.." He mumbles, making Tony roll his eyes.

"Right, right. When are you planning to propose?" Tony asks purposely in front of you, leaning closer to Loki.

Loki shakes his head, "We would like to take it slow, savor every moment we have." He smiled.

Pietro rolls his eyes, "You didn't say that when you first told me about your crush on her."

"What did he say about her?" Tony asks, turning his gaze to Pietro with a smirk.

"Yeah, what did he say about me?" You ask, propping your head on your fist.

"Oh, let me tell you." Pietro said, sitting down in front of you. "He said, first of all that you were the most beautiful woman he's ever laid eyes on." He lists, "He wants to braid your hair."

"I don't remember saying that." Loki retorts, his cheeks blood red as he gave your brother a glare.

"Really? Because you told me it looked soft, and you can't wait to tangle your fingers in them." Pietro said, making Tony cackle.

You move your head to an embarrassed Loki, "Aw, you are adorable." You chuckle, pecking his lips.

"I am not." Loki huffed, moving away to leave the three of you on the table.

"Come on, let's see Cap out." Tony said, lending a hand which you gratefully took. Your other hand intertwined with Pietro's.

~~

"Now, remember– You have to return the stones to the exact moment you got them. Or you're gonna open up a bunch of nasty alternative realities." Bruce explains.

"Don't worry, Bruce. Clip all the branches." Steve smiled, glancing at you with Loki. "Hey, you. You know the saying..hurt her and I'll hurt you." Steve points at Loki.

Loki chuckles, "I would never." He oaths.

"You know, I tried. When I had the gauntlet, the stones, I really tried to bring her back." Bruce spoke up, looking at Steve sadly. "I miss her man."

"Me, too." Steve gave him a small smile, holding the suitcase tightly.

"You know, if you want. I can come with you." Sam proposed.

"You're a good man, Sam. This one's on me, though." Steve said, walking to Bucky. "Don't do anything stupid 'till I come back."

Bucky smiled, "How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you." They gave each other a warm embrace.

They pull away, mumbling something before Steve sees your finger; gesturing to come over.

As he did, you tip toed to whisper, "Bring back Nat for Bruce, alright?" You ask.

He nods with a stern smile, "Yes, maam." He salutes, making you laugh.

Steve's gaze moves to Tony, giving him a handshake. "Stark."

"Capsicle." Tony smirked, "Gonna miss you, america's ass. No one's ever gonna get close."

"Don't worry, Stark." Steve pats his shoulder, moving to the platform.

"Alright, Steve. Going quantum, three, two, one.." Bruce presses a button, sending him away. "And returning in five, four, three, two, one.."

Though, as he presses the button. It reveals not Steve, but Natasha with a smile and some tears.

Everyone looks at her with shock as she lets out tears of joy, "He brought me back." She said.

You ran to her, a tight hug. The rest of you gether around her, practically crushing her.

"Alright, Steve is waiting, Sam, Bucky." Natasha said as you guys pull away, pointing to a bench with an old man.

"Missed you, Nat." Bruce said, hugging her once again.

"You too, big guy." She returns the hug.

You and Loki glance at each other, Loki intertwines your hand in his. "Well, why don't we go home?"

~~

I fucking love these pinterest pictures