Chapter 23 - A visit from the future

As Loki was leaned on a wall, Clint had the same posture; by the doorframe.

Listening as Rhodey, Scott, Bruce and Steve talking.

They had enhanced the suit, it was white and red. Just like the Ant-man suit.

"Time travel suit, not bad." Rhodey nods, his arms crossed.

Bruce tries to touch something inside the suit, specifically something red inside in a glass tube.

"Hey, hey, hey. Easy! Easy!" Scott exclaims, rejecting Bruce's help.

"I'm being very careful." Bruce replied calmly, stepping away slowly.

"No, you're being very hulky!" Scott snaps, feeling anxious.

"I'm being careful!" Bruce snaps back.

Scott holds up a red glass bottle, waving it for the group to see. "These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have, we're not making any more."

"Scott, calm down." Rhodey said in a calm manner.

"Sorry, we've got enough for one round trip each. That's it, no do-overs. Plus two test runs." Scott explained.

Scott accidentally presses a button that made him shrink, hurriedly going back to his size.

"One test run." Scott corrects, "Oh, I can't do this. I'm not ready for this." He panics.

"I'm ready for it. I'm very much willing." Loki said, coming off of the wall.

~~

Loki came in with the suit, moving to the middle of the platform.

It had expanded greatly, it looked as if there were chandeliers on top. Though it was just apart of the mechanism.

"Loki, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it." Bruce spoke up, moving in front of the control panel.

"Wait, if we can do this. Y'know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos and.." Rhodey creates a strangling motion, suggesting to strangle the titan.

Bruce crinkles his nose in disgust, "First of all, that's horrible."

"It's Thanos." Rhodey retorts, slightly shrugging.

"I don't disagree with that logic." Loki spoke up, smirking.

"Secondly, that's not how time works. Changing the past doesn't change the future." Bruce explains.

"Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them. Boom! Problem solved." Scott said.

"Bingo." Clint agrees, snapping his fingers.

"That's not how it works." Nebula said, shaking her head.

Clint turns to Nebula, "Well, that's what I've heard."

"What by who? who told you that?" Bruce asks.

Rhodey give his hand out, listing some examples. "Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time-"

"Quantum leap-" Scott added.

"A wrinkle in time, somewhere in time-" Rhodey went on, still counting on his fingers.

"Hot tub time machine-" Scott adds again.

"Hot Tub Time Machine, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Basically, any movie that deals with time travel." Rhodey finishes.

"Die hard? No that's not the one.." Scott mumbles.

Rhodey puts his hands out to emphasize his explanation, "This is known." He said.

"I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it: If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes the past, which can't now be changed by your new future..." Bruce rambles.

"Exactly." Nebula nods.

"So..back to the future's a bunch of bullshit?" Scott asks.

Bruce turns back to Loki who was prepared, standing awkwardly on the platform.

"Alright, Loki. We're going in, three..two..one!" Bruce exclaims, a helmet forming on Loki's head.

Loki flies through the Quantum realm, passing through the colorful lights around him as he lands somewhere soft.

He grows back to his normal size, seeing he landed on some flowers; his face, bewildered.

"Loki! Stop hiding, I need you to help me with this chore!" Loki hears a familiar voice, making his head perk up.

He sees you, wearing a sundress whilst you hold a basket. Your hands stopping the wind from taking your hat.

"Y/n!" Loki shouts, running to you. "Oh, Norns. How I've missed you." He said, hugging you tightly.

You hug him back, your arms around his neck. "What's wrong, love? You seem..older?" You ask, noticing his change in features.

Loki pulls back with a massive grin, "You won't believe this, but I'm from the future."

He chuckles when he only gets a tilted head from you and a face of confusion, instead he pulls you closer.

"Don't do anything stupid, darling." He panics when he hears a beep.

"What was that?" You ask.

He didn't answer, instead his arms flinging around your waist as he pulled you in a rushed and needy kiss.

Your hands went to his chest as his to your hat, taking it in his hands as he pulled away.

"I love-" Loki yelps as he was already taken away, leaving you im shock.

"Darling! I don't want to do that chore." Loki huffs as he teleports next to you, your Loki. "Are you alright? You look pale."

You smiled, intertwining your hands in his. "Let's not do the chore, why don't we take a walk?"

~~

I'm planning to finish this before "travel the universe

I'm planning to finish this before "travel the universe."