Chapter 6 - Eggs

As Loki holds the ladder for you, picking up all sorts of fruits the trees bore; The two of you chatting happily.

Stepping down, your faces almost hitting each other. Seeing a tint of pink on his cheeks as you walk back to the front of your house,

"So, that is how.." You set the apples on the porch, "I figured out my powers," You smile.

He nods, "What's my next task?" He asks.

"Well, you can go collect the chicken eggs, be careful though; those guys are pesky," You advise.

"So I've heard," He chuckles, "I-I'll go now," He points to the coop as you nod, ushering him away

~~

Loki P.O.V

As I walk into the coop, carefully walking in to not disturb the chickens Y/n kept. The floors making some slight creaks that never nudged the chickens one bit.

Slowly taking the eggs into my basket, the chickens seemed to trust me now; not caring of my lurking hands.

I make it to the last place, taking the chicken away as it was closely cuddling it's eggs..it wasn't eggs.

My eyes widen at the sight, it's blue hue enticing me. My hands hesitating to take it, the tesseract. Why would she have this? Did she steal it? Was she a villain too?

My breathing becomes longer, shallow as I eye the cube. Feeling it's power surge my veins just by the sight.

Why aren't I taking it? Now, I wouldn't lie that I enjoyed this lovely witch's company; but it was the tesseract! My free ticket to freedom.

Gained feelings for Y/n? Impossible, I'm a God! There's no way I could've fallen that quickly.

"Loki! I have something to show you!" I hear her shout, her voice all giddy and excited.

I take the tesseract and shove it down below the basket, planning to escape with it tonight.

"Yes?" I ask, bolting to her as she smiles at me. Her goofy smiles that can make my knees feel weak, wait-no..what?

"Aw, I make your knees feel weak?" She teases, hearing my thoughts.

I shake my head, furiously, "S-stop reading my mind, i-it's quite disrespectful," I curse myself for my pale skin, easily revealing my heavily red cheeks.

"You look sick," She said, eyeing my reddened face; "Are you alright? You're sweating heavily." She eyes me up and down.

For the love of Valhalla- this woman..

"I'm alright, I'm just feeling..hot," I itch my palm, not helping as she tilts her head.

She sets the back of her hand to my forehead, my body tenses at the sudden contact. Why must you..

"Yeah, you are hot," She said, patting my shoulder. "Come on, I'll just show you my thing next time," She smiles, walking away.

I grab her arm, "N-no, it's alright," I tell her, she recoils and faces me again, "Let's see it!" I said, quickly escaping as I take her hand in mine; walking away from the awkward enviroment.

She takes me to a small field, a picnic set up upon it. She leads the way ands sets me on the ground, "I figured we could relax, hm?" She sat down in front of me.

She tries to take the chicken eggs, only for me to pull it away from her grasp.

"Ahah, I just..like eggs..?" I smile, nervously as I fumble with the food inside the bag. Pushing it to her.

"I can't believe you're the God of lies," She chuckles as I gave her a tilted brow, "You are a horrible liar," She takes a large bite of her sandwich.

"I'm not.." I mumble, taking a fruit from the basket.

"You are~" She sang, pouring some wine for the both of us; "Anyways, how was getting the eggs?"

I take the wine and drink it, taking large gulps;

"You find something cool?" She asks again, making me choke on the drink, "Gods, what is happening to you? You're so clumsy!" She exclaims, patting my back as I went into a fit of coughs.

Was she really this oblivious?

"I..am..fine," I said through coughs, wiping my mouth; "I'm just.." I ran out of excuses, instead taking a some water. It's sides still drenched with cold water.

She slumped back, "Are you sure you're okay?" She asks.

"I am," I state, more firmly. Looking to my shaking hands and back to her, a small smirk on her face.

"Yeah, sure," She replies, "Don't drink too much, you'll choke again," She advises, lowering the bottle from my mouth.

She gives me her bewitching smile, tilting her head as she leans her head on her fist. Looking at me intently with her brows slightly furrowed.

"W-what?" I ask, averting from the long eye contact. Instead looking at the sun about to meet the land, it's orange rays illuminating the field's features.

"Had anyone ever told you, you're handsome?" She asks, making me choke on air. "What? Too bold for your liking?" She asks, a chuckle escaping her lips as she pats my back again.

"Gods, what are you doing to me.." I whisper below my breath.

"Say it again?" She asks, popping
her head to the side as she takes a clear look of my face.

"It's nothing."

~~