Chapter 22 - Baby Scott

As Loki enters the compound, the feeling of the chilly wind hitting him straight in the face.

He was greeted by..Hulk? "Oh hey, Loki!" Hulk greets, waving a hand.

Loki furrows his brows, "You can speak?" He asks, moving next to him hesitantly.

The New York incident still disturbed him, he just couldn't get rid of the memory.

"Yeah! I mixed Hulk and Bruce together. Now look at me, it's great." Bruce opens his arms with a smile.

Loki nods slowly, keeping distance between him and the green man.

"It's nice to see you here, Loki. Y/n would be proud." Steve spoke up, patting his arm which surprisingly Loki accepted.

"I just want her back." Loki said, moving his attention to the machine set up upon him. It was just a small mechanism.

"We all do, and that's what we have at the moment. We're not sure if Stark is willing to join." Natasha sighed, leaning her hands on the table.

"He has a family now, suprisingly. He had this adorable kid named Morgan, I wouldn't blame him." Steve rambles, smiling a bit.

"You wish to be a father?" Loki asks, crossing his arms.

Steve chuckles, "Maybe, I'm not sure what the future has for me." He shrugs.

Scott comes in with a grunt, pinching away the tight piece of the clothing.

"Alright, let's do this." Scott said, moving to the front of the machine.

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one. Scott, fire up the uh..van thing." Bruce said, waving a hand to the portal.

Scott opens the portal, making Loki stare in awe.

"Breakers on set, emergency generators are on standby." Steve states.

"Good, cause' if we blow the grid, I don't wanna lose tiny here in the 1950's." Bruce jesters, Scott, Natasha and Steve giving him panicked glances.

"It would be interesting to see that." Loki spoke up with a smug grin, his hands covered inside his pockets.

"Excuse me?" Scott asks, leaning in closer as he looked offended.

"They were just joking," Natasha shakes her head, hitting the back of Loki's head. "You guys can't just say that." She said in a hushed tone.

"Just..it was a bad joke." Bruce explains, scratching his neck.

"Mine was not." Loki smiles, his attention going back to Scott who looked confused.

"So you hate me?" Scott asked, genuinely disappointed.

"Of course not, as I said, it would be interesting." Loki retorts.

"You were kidding, right?" Natasha whispers to Bruce, Loki and Steve able to hear.

"I have no idea. We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it is." Bruce whispers back. "We're good, get your helmet back, Scott!" Bruce exclaims, giving a thumbs up.

"Alright." Scott mumbles.

"I'm gonna send you back a week, let you walk around in for an hour, then bring you back in ten seconds. Makes sense?" Bruce asks.

"Perfectly not confusing." Scott smiles, waving a hand of dismissal.

"You got this, Scott." Steve assures.

"You're right, I do, Captain America." Then, Scott was sucked into a portal.

Loki clears his throat, "Fangirl." He said through a cough, pretending to pat his chest.

"Where did you even get that?" Natasha asks, turning to him with genuine confusion.

"Ah, y/n taught me all about your midguardian lives." Loki answered, smiling sadly.

"On the count of three. Three..two..one!" Bruce exclaims.

Bruce hits a button, though Scott didn't come back. It was a teenager, still inside the Ant-man suit.

"Uh, guys..this doesn't feel right." The teenager said.

"Who may that be?" Loki asked.

"What is this?" Steve questions.

"What's going on?" Natasha then inquired.

Bruce panics, pressing the buttons rather rushed as he desperately tries to find the solution.

"Hold on.." Bruce mumbles, still pressing a bunch of buttons.

"Is that Scott?" Natasha asked, pointing to the teenager.

"Yes, it's Scott!" The teenager version of Scott exclaims.

The teenager version of Scott was sucked back inside the portal, now revealing an old man.

"Ow! My back!" The old man exclaimed, rubbing his backside as his stance was slouched.

"What is this?" Steve asks.

"Can I get some space here?" Bruce asks, the three of you nod and move aside. Watching as he pressed several buttons.

"Can you bring him back?" Steve asks, worried for his friend.

"I'm working on it." Bruce answered, tapping the side of the pad.

Now introduced a baby, another version of Scott sat upon the ground.

"It's a baby." Steve said, giving him a face that radiated the word, Seriously.

"It's Scott." Bruce retorts, pointing at the child.

"As a baby!" Steve exclaimed.

"He'll grow." Loki shrugs, staring at the child playing in one spot.

"Bring Scott back!" Steve shouts.

Bruce motions to Nat, "When I say kill the power, kill the power."

"Oh my God." Natasha mumbled, hurriedly moving to the generator.

"And..kill it!" Bruce shouts.

Natasha pulls the lever, making everything shut down.

Scott was greatfully brought back to his normal form; panting.

"Somebody peed my pants." Scott announced, making Loki's nose crinkle in disgust.

"Oh, thank God." Natasha whispers.

"But I don't know if it was "baby" me or "old" me..or just "me" me." Scott said, making Steve sigh.

Bruce helds up his arms up dramatically, an optimistic smile painted on his face.

"Time travel!" He exclaims but Steve said nothing, only shaking his head and walking away. "I see this as an absolute win-win."

"I'm never getting y/n back." Loki mumbles, his hand swiping across his face.

~~