Chapter 20 - Back home

Loki felt awful scratches at his throat, his palms digging into his eye as he felt a hand on his shoulder.

Steve was there, sighing as he let his head hang low. His face was filled with scratches as his shields were thrown away.

"I'm sorry, Loki. They're gone." Steve said, his arm waves around the battlefield as it looked empty.

A few wounded soldiers, but only a few. Practically a speck of people.

The Avengers gather around Loki, some of them looked shocked. Some looked traumatized and the rest were emotionless.

Loki looked at Thor with burning anger, painfully walking to him as Thor stood there silent.

Loki pulls Thor to look at him, his eyes still verging with tears as Thor was back to wielding his axe.

"Why, why-why didn't you go for the head?" Loki asked, his voice cracking as his fist hand loose on his sides.

"I'm sorry, brother. I let vengeance get to me, I-" Before he could continue, Pietro zooms beside him.

"I'm sure Y/n doesn't want to listen to you guys fight," Pietro said, his eyes were red aswell. Crying behind the battlefield as he watched T'challa, his newfound friend, fade.

Pietro was the only remembrance close to you for Loki, his voice sometimes reminded him of you.

"What do we do now?" Natasha asks, holding her belly with her weapon hanged loose on one hand.

"We avenge them, find Thanos." Steve said, picking up his shields once again.

"No offense, cap. But we're in no condition. I can't get Hulk, we have no soldiers. I mean Loki might be-" Bruce was interrupted by Loki's quivering voice.

"No," Loki said plainly, "No being in this universe is able to defeat Thanos now, you must accept surrender."

"You're telling me you accept hundreds of people dead, even y/n?" Bruce asks, exasperated.

"She wouldn't want me to go back there." Loki whispered, "I want to, though my lady I shall follow."

And with a snap of his fingers, he disappeared from the Avengers' sight. Leaving them all alone by Thanos.

~~

Now, he was back at the farm; your farm, the place he called home. It was destroyed, tattered and every animal there was gone.

Loki raises his hands, the house reconstructing back to it's normal aspect.

Each step he took was a memory you gave him, which made tears fall into his eyes as the door shuts.

he spots a picture, you and him; dancing in the living room with wide grins.

Loki smiled through the tears, giving out a bitter laugh as he took the picture in his hands. Wiping his tears as he kissed the spot you were in.

"One day I'll see you again, love. But for now, I must fix our home." Loki said, moving around the place to plan out everything.

A few weeks later he bought chickens, he fed them enormous amounts. Which he chuckled at, knowing you would scold him for giving them too much.

After months, he planted green and white flowers on the yard. He never used his magic, he made it with all his might.

Another month, he went inside a room filled with canvas. The room lighting up as he switched the light.

He took your paintbrush in your hand, tilting his head as he decides to paint something you loved.

Though, even after these strenous activities. Loki laid in the bed you and he shared feeling hollow, his arms open wide as he forced himself to shut his eyes.

All he could see is you, it was like his whole world revolved around you.

He tried courting many throughout the years, they weren't so successful as they never came close to you.

Now, he was sat on the couch holding the same picture of you. "Love, it's been three years. I've done my absolute best to keep this house clean, like you wanted."

Loki smiled, caressing your picture. Tears cascading down his cheeks as the crinkles of his eyes start decreasing, "Let me tell you about my day.."

~~