Chapter 24 - We meet again

As they all stand by the platform, all have agreed to go to a specific place.

They have agreed to send Loki into Strucker's base, back in the past where the scepter was hidden in.

First, they wanted Loki to be able to see you again. Well, Loki didn't tell them much about the first test drive. Secondly, it would be easy to do so.

Loki would be lying if he said he wasn't suprised of his brother's state, it seems Thor had some..unhealthy eating habits.

Determined faces glancing at each other, "Alright, we have a plan. Six stones, four teams, one shot." Steve announced.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends, we lost family, we lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes, no do-overs.

Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful, look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives and we're gonna win." Steve gives Tony a glance," Whatever it takes. Good luck."

"He's pretty good at that." Rocket said, referring to Steve's speech.

"Right?" Scott smiles, looking like an excited puppy.

"All right, you heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green." Tony said, getting ready.

Bruce presses a button as helmets cover their heads.

"Tractors engaged." Bruce announced, Loki's heart skipping a beat. He would be able to see you, but..a tad bit younger..and maybe clueless.

"You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?" Rocket asks, pointing to what Clint was holding. A shrink benatar.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, I'll do my best." Clint replies, waving a hand of dismissal.

"As promises go, that was pretty lame." Rocket retorts.

"See you in a minute." Natasha said, smiling excitedly as they all shrink.

Roaming through the quantum realm, each going into different time intervals and so.

Loki lands in a forest, the night sky looked gorgeous as stars shown themselves.

Loki sees the hydra base nearby, no lights were switched on nor voices were heard.

~~

He enters the base without distraction nor commotion, they were mainly focused on their computers.

He manages to go to a room where the scepter was kept in, whilst walking he accidentally hits a table. Causing a thud.

He didn't fret about it, surely a small noise wouldn't alarm those guards.

He enters the room, a small, white stage was kept as the scepter was held up. Some glass up front.

Though as Loki was about to get the scepter, his hand was stopped by a white hue.

"Who are you?" A familiar voice spoke up, making Loki's gaze softens. "Again, who are you?" She was still in her sokovian voice.

"I'm Loki, of Asgard." He introduces, the woman coming out of the dark. "And I just need that scepter."

It revealed you, which made Loki smile to your confusion. So, another villain with a devilishly handsome face. You thought.

You walked to the scepter, holding it in your hands as you dropped your magic on him.

"I-I'm calling the guards." You threaten, "If you come any closer." You point the scepter, leaving a small space between.

"Though I'm glad you still think I'm handsome, I really need that." Loki pleads, his hands up in a surrendering weapon. "I shouldn't be talking to you," He sighs, "I guess I can't just help myself."

"Still..?" You ask, "You're..you're confusing me." You said.

"Y/n, you may not know what is happening right now; but it's best to give me that, now."

"How do you know my name?" You ask, looking him up and down.

"Well, you are Y/n L/n.." He spoke, coming closer as you backed away. "You absolutely love the color (favorite color), and you despise the food, (least favorite snack)."

"Please, you're creeping me out." You said, your back meeting the cold wall.

"I reckon you're about..nineteen years old?" He asks, smiling as you looked speechless. "You love Rom-Coms, especially if you have food whilst watching it. You've always dreamt of painting and you love peace.." He lists, "And other than that, you love me."

He smirks, "I don't even know you." You furrow your brows, your hands turning soft against the scepter. Why do all handsome men have to be psychotic, you thought.

"Oh, but you will. Y/n, all I shall tell you is that you're going on the right path. Keep going." He encourages.

Your eyes slightly fill up, "What..?" You ask, your heart beating faster than the pitter patter of the rain.

"Do you..want me to show you?" He asks, "Only memories of us, of course."

You tilt your head, "No tricks, let me see, then." You keep the scepter behind your back.

He smiles, his hands going to your temples as a green glow emits.

Flashes of memories between the two of you were shared, some happy and some angsty.

It felt like hours of watching, but really it was just seconds before he lets go.

"Will you give me the scepter now?" He asks.

"I..nope." You shake your head, to your suprise he chuckles.

"Arrogant as always." Loki said, smiling sadly at you. "May I?" He asks, his eyes flickering to your lips and back to your eyes.

Slowly gathering the confidence to move closer to you, his hands laid limp on his sides.

You felt his breath on yours, pulling him into a deep, chaste kiss. The one hand holding your scepter moved to his chest.

Loki's one hand moves to your waist, the other to the scepter. You could feel him smile into the kiss.

"Thank you," He said, you could still feel his breath on your lips. Both your eyes still fluttered closed. "I missed that." He said.

"I shouldn't have done that." You whispered with a small smile, "But..it is fate, right?" You ask.

Both your eyes flutter open, his forehead makes contact with yours; holding you close.

"It is, and I'm glad." He said, but pulls away almost immediately. "Though, I do must go."

And as he said that, he presses a buttton to leave.

"Wait!" You exclaim, but he's already left. And guards surround you, "Oh..hi." You greet the guards.

~~