Chapter 17 - My turn to pamper you

You gasp, sitting up abruptly as you were in a different location. You were all healed as you felt a tug on your hand, seeing Loki holding it tightly as his face was covered by his other arm; asleep.

"W-what?" Loki asked, confused as his head perks up to you. Guilt rising through him, "Darling, you're awake."

"B-but I saw you.." You couldn't continue, tears welling up your eyes as you hug him tightly. Not minding the pain on your stomach.

"I'm so sorry. So sorry." He apologizes, shaking his hand as his hands rub your back. "It was a stupid illusion. I should have never. I'm sorry, so sorry-"

He was interrupedted by a long kiss, his eyes fluttering close but opens yet abruptly as he felt a slap on his cheek.

"How dare you, Loki Laufeyson! I almost died out there, he took the tesseract. Where are the others?" You asked, turning left and right to see everyone watching.

"Y/n." Steve greets, saluting to you with concern. "When..?"

"I..so you have a beard." You blurted out, leaving Loki to have an amused, small smile. "We've been dating for a year, I-" You were interrupting by someone clearing their throat.

"I'm sure our courting isn't as important as the problem swirling around." Loki spoke up, "We need a plan for Thanos."

"Where is Thor?" Natasha asked, her arms crossed as she eyed the God.

"He..sneaked back in with Thanos. I'm not entirely sure why, nor how. All i know is that he told mother, but she isn't ready for talking yet." Loki answered.

"Stark, where is Stark? Don't tell me you guys are still in a childish war." You shake your head as they stood quiet. "You know, I'm supposed to be dead."

"Well, seems like I kissed the wound all better." Loki retorts, kissing your hand with a smirk as Natasha imitates a gag.

"Didn't know your type was Gods who almost took over a planet, Y/n." Natasha teases, crossing her arms.

"I got Fury's permission, he's an Avenger now. You guys probably aren't informed of such since you went into hiding." You narrowed your eyes.

"We're sorry, but hey, we can't just reminisce on the past." Sam stood up, "We gotta get ready, man."

"Y/n. We're going to Wakanda." Steve said, leaving you shocked.

~~

Watching as Loki goes left and right, packing your clothes and necessities. Glancing at you once in a while.

"Loki, I'm sure I'm fine now. I think I can fight." You laugh as he ran to you, clamping a hand over your mouth.

"No talking, I want to pamper you." Loki smiled, moving back to packing your clothes.

"It's only a short while, don't worry about it too much." You smirked as he glared at you.

"I told you not to talk, I don't want my darling to get hurt." Loki sat by your beside.

you giggle, letting your arms out for a hug. "I'm sure a hug won't hurt."

He smiles, pulling you into a careful embrace, suprised when you kissed him.

~~

The ship's doors open, revealing the beautiful place, Wakanda.

The door opens but every step you took was accompanied by Loki's tight grasp on your arm, it wasn't that hard more like a comforting one. He seems as if he never wants to let go.

You met up with Bucky and Pietro on the way, giving you comfort as they stood with a smile.

You were led into a science lab, it was huge and utterly impressive.

Vision was laid down on a table, being scanned for whatever he was needed.

Shuri stops on the top of his head, her hand revealing a hologram of the stone placed on his forehead.

"The structure is polymorphic." Shuri said, gawking at the hologram in front of her.

"Yeah, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." Bruce informed.

You moved your hand to Wanda's, feeling as if she needed comfort. From what she's told you, they fell in love.

She gave you a grateful smile, squeezing back your hand.

"Why don't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" Shuri asks.

Vision tilts his head in agreement, looking at his fellow friend, Bruce.

"Because..we didn't think of it." Bruce gives a tight-lipped smile.

"We were in a rush." You added, moving front to analyze Vision.

"I'm sure you did your best." Shuri smiled, leaning her hands on the table.

"Can you do it?" Wanda asks, gawking sadly at her lover laid on the table.

Shuri nods, "Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures," She moves her gaze to T'challa. "It will take time, brother."

"How long?" Steve asks, his hands tucked onto his pants.

"As long as you can give me." Shuri said, now her attention was on Steve.

An alarm beeps, lightly. A hologram came upon one of the soldier's wrist.

"Something has entered the atmosphere." She said, making your heart skip a beat.

~~