Chapter 8 - SHIELD

Walking back to the small farm, in the middle of the forest Loki stopped. Taking something from his bag as he removed his mask.

"I took..something from the market," He said with a mischievous smirk, lending you the necklace you were gawking at.

You take it with your mouth slightly parted, "You didn't have to."

"Oh, but I wanted to," He leans close.

"No you didn't have to, you weren't supposed to steal," You roll your eyes pkayfully, kissing his cheek; "Thank you," You smiled.

As you walked away, Loki touches the spot you kissed him at. Feeling his cheeks heat up as you called him, quickly running to you.

"Might I ask," He spoke up, walking now the same pace as you had; "How did you gain the tesseract?"

"Thor gave it to me, no-one would expect me to have it. So, I proposed to hide it," You explain, wearing the necklace he stole.

He hums, "Why won't they expect it from you?"

"I'm not really the best sorcerer between my siblings. Usually I'm just backup for Wanda, she does things so easily. Now, I wonder what they're up to now," You nod slightly though those words, smiling softly.

"I-I think you're a powerful mage," Loki stutters, "Besides, who may your siblings be exactly?" He asked.

"That's a story to tell for another day," You said.

~~

Making it inside the dome, agents surrounded your view. Your animals cowering inside their barns as your house was also covered with agents.

"What the hell, Fury!" You shout, Fury coming from the middle as he eyes the God beside you.

"I see you have taken him out?" Fury asked, crossing his arms.

"I did, is that a problem?" You retort, using your magic to remove the agents scaring your animals, "Don't come near them, they're sensitive."

"Agent Y/n, this is highly irresponsible-" You roll your eyes, "He is a danger to our society and we're taking him in."

"Can't I just keep him?" You ask, crossing your arms with your head slightly tilted.

Loki's face was flushed as he hears you say those words, keep him? You can practically have him and he won't complain.

"You know you can't do that, Y/n," Fury sighs, "Wait outside the dome," He orders his men. The agents marching out of the dome.

"Seriously, I can keep him here," You add, "Where is the rest? I asked for Thor, not you guys," You narrow your eyes.

"Thor is in Asgard, doing whatever. The Avengers are in Germany-" Fury was interrupted by your sudden response.

"Germany? What could they possibly be doing in Germany?" You asked.

"A civil war," He stated bluntly, "And yes, they're fighting each other."

You sccoff in disbelief, "Why?" You shake your head, "No, there's no way they're fighting each other. What for?"

"We aren't quite informed about that yet," He sighed, massaging his forehead; "We need Loki."

"What are you going to do with him?" You ask, moving in front of him.

"Just some questions and that's it," Fury answers, arching a brow at your sudden protectiveness.

"And how will you achieve that?" You asked, he goes silent. "Torture, right? No, way."

"Unless you have a better idea it would be great if you tell us," Fury retorts, taking a gun out of his pockets; "Move away, Y/n."

You tilt your head, with a swoosh of your hand the gun was thrown away.

"Really, Fury?" You shake your head, "No, he's mine for now," You take his arm and lean his closer to you, your forearms touching by a second.

"Agent Y/n, please understand this is for earth's good," Fury sighs.

"Chain him for now then, I want to talk," You offer as he did.

You let go of the God's arm, letting Fury cuff him and leading him into the chicken barn.

The two of you walking inside the house to have a short meeting, giving him tea as he talks.

~~

669 words

669 words