Chapter 25 - Cheez Whiz?

Everyone was now gathered around the finished gauntlet, glancing at one another as they looked unsteady.

The announcement of Natasha's sacrificed left them heartbroken, taking an oath to win this battle for her.

"All right, the glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?" Rocket asks with his arms crossed.

"I'll do it." Thor said with determination on his face.

"No offense, brother. You are in no shape to do so." Loki gives him a tight-lipped smile, making Thor glare at him.

"Yeah, he's right." Tony agrees, pinching his lips as he eyes the gauntlet.

Thor walks to the gauntlet, only to be stopped by the several shouts of protest.

"Look, Thor-" Steve tried to give him some assurance, only to be interrupted.

"No, no, sitting here staring at that thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me, It's my duty." Thor rambles, walking to the gauntlet.

"Brother.." Loki was hushed by Thor, once again.

"Stop it! Just let me.." Thor starts to tear up, "Just let me do it, let me do something good. Something right."

"Like Loki said, Thor. You're in no condition." Stark said.

"What do you- What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Thor rambles, holding Stark by the shirt.

"Cheez whiz?" Rhodey asks, his arms crossed as he watched the drama unfold.

"Lightning." Thor corrects, pointing a finger to Tony's face.

"Yeah." Tony smiled awkwardly.

"Lightning won't help you pal, it's gotta be me." Bruce said, walking to the gauntlet with determination in his face.

Thor let's go of Stark with a huff, his attention now on Bruce.

"Calm down, brother." Loki spoke up, making Thor breath in-and-out furiously.

"You saw what those stones did to Thanos, It almost killed him. None of you could survive." Bruce stated, his hands roaming along the gauntlet.

"How do we know you will?" Steve asks, his brows furrowed.

"We don't, but the radiation is mostly gamma." Bruce stares in awe, the gauntlet, "It's like I was made for this."

"Good to go, yeah?" Tony asked.

"Let's do it." Bruce nods.

"You remember- everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago and just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years." Tony informs.

"Got it." Bruce said.

Everyone suits up, Tony in his new suit with his shield thrown out. Loki changes into his asgardian armor with a snap of his magic, the rest prepared.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., do me a favor and activate Barn Door Protocol. Will you?" Tony asks, which he was replied with an immediate yes.

The doors, windows lock, making the environment dark and creepy.

"Everybody comes home." Bruce mumbles, the gauntlet in his other hand.

Bruce applies the gauntlet, which expands to fit his hand.

The power overwhelms him, coursing through him as he grunts in pain.

"Take it off! Take it off!" Thor shouts, his two hands in a fist as he watched with anticipation.

"No, wait, Bruce, are you okay?" Steve asks, holding a hand out next to Thor.

"Talk to me, Banner." Tony spoke up.

"I'm okay, I'm okay." Bruce assures, making Thor gives him two thumbs up.

Bruce screams as the intense power latches onto his arm, and after a few heavily scary seconds; he snapped.

Bruce fainted immediately, dropping to the floor as the gauntlet was kicked away by Clint.

"Bruce!" Steve calls out.

"Don't move him." Loki nudges.

Bruce holds on to Steve's arm, his gaze painfully moving to him; "Did it work?" Bruce asked.

"Worth a shot, it's over. It's okay." Thor nods, assuring him.

Scott and Loki ran towards the open windows, revealing plants and birds. Making the two glance at each other with joy.

Someone calls Clint, his wife. "Honey, honey!" Clint said with sheer happiness, the phone held tightly to his ear.

"It worked!" Scott claps.

Suddenly, a random blast sends the compound into brittle pieces. Seperated in the ashes as Loki and Scott were flinged back.

Darkness surrounded the sky, like death was upon them. Loki coughs, removing pieces of rocks around him.

"Hey, hey. Come on, reindeer games. We mess with time, it messes back." Tony calls out, helping Loki stand up.

Steve and Thor was watching Thanos by a distance, Loki and Tony walking over to them.

"What's he been doing?" Tony asks, staring at Thanos who was just sitting down. His weapon digged onto the ground.

"Absolutely nothing." Thor answered.

"Where are the stones?" Steve asks.

"Somewhere under all this, all I know is he doesn't have them." Tony answers.

"So we keep it that way." Steve nods.

"It's a trap." Loki informs, his body tensing at the sight of Thanos. Someone he didn't wish to see in a million years.

"Yeah, and I don't much care." Tony retorts.

"Good. Just as long as we are all in agreement." Thor said.

Thor lifts both his hand, summoning mjolnir and stormbreaker as lighting hits him. Revealing he in his asgardian armor, his beard braided.

"Let's kill him properly this time." Loki said, summoning two swords on each hand.

~~

The TVA aren't able to interfere with my fanfic, no way