01.

LILITH VIPER was an interesting person. She was closed off, and never showed emotions to those she wasn't close with. She wasn't a very social person, she was quite blunt, sarcastic and people would say she was full of herself which caused the children in her district to stay away.

Her older brother Jackson often was similar. He was always agitated. He often lashed out at his other siblings and acted impulsively. He was like Lilith in terms of emotions, always closed off and never showing too much.

Lilith's mother always thought something was wrong with them and she had even taken them to the local doctor to see if anything was medically wrong. The doctor instantly denied her claims but recommended a psychiatrist for them her two youngest children to help them express their emotions more. They continued to go for a while until the psychiatrist decided that she didn't want to work with them anymore due to their lack of development.

Their 'condition' as her mother called it seemingly got worse when they lost two siblings to The Hunger Games; Nina and Jacob.

Jacob had been first. He was the oldest child in the household. One of her parents' pride and joy. Lilith never really bonded with Jacob but he was still her brother. He was reaped when she was 7 so Lilith didn't really know what was happening.

Then it was Nina two years later. The second pride and joy of her parents' life. When she had been killed by a career Lilith's parents cried their eyes out whilst Jackson and she was just merely sad.

Finally her brother Jackson. Even though he came back a victor, he wasn't really ever the same again. He had changed in the arena. He killed people by ripping their throats out with his teeth and leaving a large 'V' in their skull by hunting knife.

When he had returned from his victor's tour he had his canines sharpened into fangs to symbolise his kills. Lilith didn't mind though she was just happy that he had come home. Lilith had begged him to teach her some skills and she became quite good at hand-to-hand combat and knife throwing.

Lilith stared out the window with a scowl as the rain cleared and the only sound left was the permanent sound of the dam's machinery and rushing water. Today was the 67th hunger games. Last year the games were won by Augustus Braun, a tribute from district 1. When these games were announced the gamemakers announced that they were bored. They said that a special arena was being built especially for the occasion. However, they would not tell anybody what it was.

Her bedroom door burst open and her older brother stumbled in.

"You know for an adult you're very clumsy," Lilith laughed.

"Why thank you, little sister. You ready for today?" Jackon smirked.

"Nope," Lilith said brushing past him.

They exited her room and walked down the steps into the kitchen where her parents sat at the table. Lilith sat and bit into an apple from the bowl in front of her.

"You ready for today Lilith," Nicolas asked his daughter.

"Why is everyone asking me that? You do know I could potentially be called right?" Lilith exclaimed.

"Well your not," Jackson said rolling his eyes and biting into his toast. His fang-like teeth on display.

"Whatever. I'm going to go see Dean," Lilith said getting up from her place. Dean was Lilith's best friend. To be honest she didn't really know how they became best friends because they were so different.

"Well get back before the reaping," Nicola called out for her daughter.

"Sure mom." Lilith exited her house and walked down the street towards her best friends house. She knocked on the door and Dean opened it himself. She walked straight past him and into the house seeing his little sister on the table eating.