22.

LILITH stirred and awoke with a groan. Her head was pounding and the fluorescent lights were not helping. She looked around and sighed in annoyance. She was back in a cell. She looked to her side to see Johanna sleeping in a cot. She sighed and got off the ground, going to her own. She laid on her back and thought. She partially memorised the patterns of her escape and was hoping she could try to leave again at some point. Her eyes drooped and she fell asleep.

After an undetermined amount of time, Lilith was woken up by screaming coming from a cell next to her. She sat up quickly to see Johanna being dragged violently out of her cell by peacemakers before they came towards her.

She sighed in irritation and held out her hands for the man to put cuffs on. The peacemaker snapped the metal cuffs on tightly and dragged her out. She was taken back to the white room. He strapped her down as usual and put small pads onto her body that were connected to wires.

He looked at her, "Where are Katniss Everdeen, Jackson Viper and Finnick Odair? We know they're out there somewhere. Leading a rebellion. Where are they?"

Lilith rose her eyebrows in silent protest. He huffed angrily before turning a dial and electric shooks ran through her body. Her body spasmed painfully. He shut it off and she laughed bitterly, "You people are sick. You have children going to kill each other every year so that you people can have entertainment. What kind of country does that?"

"One that will thrive." She shook her head. The peacemaker spoke into a radio quietly, then walked towards her; uncuffing the straps. She was hauled up and cuffed once more before escorted towards a room where the cells were not.

As the peacemaker opened the door she was confused. Inside were two Capitol women with a vanity, makeup and dresses. The man, made her sit in the chair and attached her cuffs to it before leaving.

"What's going on?" Lilith asked suspiciously. The woman didn't answer but just got to work on her face.

☾☾☾☾☾☾

Finnick leaned against a table running his hand through his hair. His irritation with the situation was through the roof. The rebellion was going okay but Coin had said that they couldn't go to get the people captured in the Capitol. Which means he couldn't save Lilith.

Jackson had been holed up in his room and didn't really participate in everything that was going on but only came out for something to eat. He had tried coaxing the older male to join the rest of the group but he always refused.

Finnick looked up as someone shouted. On the TV across the room, Peeta sat talking, this wasn't the first time he had spoke on live television. He pushed through the crowd as Peeta left and was replaced by a familiar face.

She looked tired. He could see it under all the makeup they had put on her face. They had dressed her in a satin red dress and straightened her hair from its normal waves. His heart broke at the sight of her causing him to storm right into Coin's office.

"I don't care what you say. I'm getting the woman that I love out of that hellhole and you can not say anything about it. I'll go by myself if I have to."

"I understand," Coin nodded. Finnick's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He wasn't sure what her motive for saying yes was and it made him suspicious but nonetheless, he was elated," I can see your confusion and Miss Everdeen and I spoke," she gestured to the door where Katniss entered, "And we have come to the decision that we will rescue the captives in the Capitol. We're sending out a strike team the day after tomorrow."

"I want to be on it. And so will Jackson," Finnick demanded.

"I'll let the team know." Finnick thanked her and went off to tell Jackson the good news.

Authors Note
Hello, lovelies. Bit of a short chapter. Please read my other books if you like Klaus Mikaelson or Steve Rogers. Please also follow my Pinterest (which is in the banner 👇) to see all upcoming book covers and aesthetics.

Anyway, thank you for reading.