14.

LILITH swam fast and hopped up on the rocks between her and the cornucopia. She ran towards it, jumping over the jagged rocks to get there. When she reached she looked around for her katanas. Spotting them, she strapped the harness to her back and slid them in.

She looked around for Finnick and saw him talking to Katniss. She saw Finnick throw his trident at a tribute coming towards Katniss and jogged over.

"Don't trust 1 and 2. I'll take this side. Katniss hold them off. Finnick find Peeta," Lilith ordered. Finnick nodded and went off to the other side as Lilith picked up a belt of knives.

She whipped them at oncoming tributes as Katniss shot at them.

"Katniss, Mags found him. He's over here," The two women followed him and saw Peeta and a tribute battling in the water. As they ran up, Mags looked frantic and they saw the tributes.

Finnick passed Lilith his trident before jumping in to help. The two fighting, suddenly went underwater and Katniss looked worried as a canon fired.

A body floated up and Peeta and Finnick popped up moments after.

"We should swim to shore," Katniss decided.

Lilith nodded diving in. They swam towards the beach and Finnick picked up Mags to start running.

The five crashed through the bushes as trying to find somewhere semi-safe.

"Okay, hold up. Hold up," Finnick called from behind her. He set Mags down and they crouched.

Lilith looked at the knives she had taken, picking up a rock to sharpen them. There were three throwing knives and a sleek black Butterfly knife. At some point, Butterfly knives had become Lilith's favourite.

"God, it's hot," Peeta panted, "We gotta find freshwater."

Katniss stared at Lilith and Finnick before she looked up as three canons sounded.

"Well, I guess we're not holding hands anymore," Finnick chuckled as Lilith took her katanas to sharpen those too.

"You think that's funny?" Katniss asked.

"Every time that canon goes off, it's music to my ears," Finnick replied, "I don't care about any of them," he glanced at Lilith who was violently scraping her swords against the stone, "Except Johanna and Jackson."

"Good to hear," Katniss pulled a machete out of her quiver.

"Want to face the Career Pack alone?" Finnick asked, "What would Haymitch say?"

"Haymitch isn't here."

"Thank god. He's always yapping," Lilith muttered.

"Let's keep moving," Peeta said to diffuse the tension. Katniss didn't look his way as she passed him the machete, only staring at Lilith and Finnick suspiciously.

As they walked, Peeta slashed at overgrown trees and vines to make a path. The silence enveloped them, the only sound was their feet against the crisp leaves of the forest floor and the constant chirping of birds and buzzing of flies.

They started to climb a hill and Lilith internally groaned at the amount of effort.

"Peeta, No!" Katniss yelled as Peeta slashed against a vine. He was thrown into Lilith causing them to fall to the ground. She groaned from his weight, "Get off me." she shoved him off of her.

"Peeta?" Lilith noticed the stillness of him and she shook him.

Katniss came over worriedly, "Peeta? He's not breathing. He's not breathing! Peeta!"

Finnick knelt next to the two and pushed Katniss away. Lilith gave compressions as Finnick breathed air into his mouth.

"Peeta?"

"Come on! Come on!" Finnick exclaimed as she pressed up and down on the boy's chest.

"Please wake up," Katniss begged. Lilith pressed her ear to his heart and listened before continuing.

Katniss sobbed beside her muttering pleas. Finnick puffed air as Lilith pressed. Peeta gasped and Katniss breathed in relief.

"Oh, my god," Katniss cried.

"Be careful. There's a forcefield up there," Peeta muttered, breathing heavily. Katniss chuckled and pressed her lips to him. Lilith rolled her eyes causing Finnick to nudge her.

"You were dead," Katniss said as she pulled back, "You were dead. Your heart stopped."

"Well, now he's not. Do you want him to be dead? Because he will be if we're just going to be sitting ducks," Lilith explained.

"Lilith," Finnick scolded as the couple ignored her.

"It's true," Lilith mumbled. Finnick kissed her forehead, wrapping his arm around her.

"Do you want to stand up?" Katniss asked.

"Yeah," Peeta groaned.

Katniss helped him up and wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug.

"It's okay," Peeta assured as she cried silently into his shoulder.

Lilith scoffed and started walking.

"Don't mind Lily. She's not a very emotional person," Finnick explained.

"I heard that," she called. Katniss walked next to her and threw pebbles at the forcefield to show where it was.

"Thank you," she said quietly.

"Your welcome," Lilith replied, "But if it happens to you don't expect me to put my mouth on yours." Katniss chuckled.

"I wouldn't dream of it."

Authors Note
Hello, lovelies. Please read my other books if you like Klaus Mikaelson or Steve Rogers. Please also follow my Pinterest (which is in the banner 👇) to see all upcoming book covers and aesthetics.

Anyway, thank you for reading