08.

THE images of the swollen bodies plagued Lilith's mind. The empty eyes bore into her as Cassandra came up behind her and slit her throat. She gurgled on her own blood as Cassandra laughed wickedly.

The scene changed and she was lying on white snow which was staining crimson from her blood. The faces of her parents and siblings came into view they were screaming at her.

Pathetic.

Weak.

You deserve to die.

Came out of their mouths as she laid on the blood-covered snow.

The scene changed once more and the faces of the tributes she killed, came over her laughing. She was hanging from chains and they were holding knives and swords. They dragged the weapons across her skin and she screamed in pain. She begged them to stop but they only kept laughing. The picture faded and she was met with darkness before the darkness slipped into the light.

Lilith woke up from her nightmares panting. She was in an impossibly white room and the lights were bright and blinding. Her torso and upper chest weren't as sore as it was in the arena so she sat up. A nurse walked came over to her and adjusted the IV in her arm and smiled.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like I just died."

"Good. Your brother is here," The nurse said as Jackson rushed in.

"Thank god you're not dead. I actually like you as a sibling."

"Thanks, Jacks, missed you too," Lilith replied dryly. "Can I go home now?" Lilith asked the nurse.

"Yeah. You healed a few days ago so you should be fine." The nurse told her before she left the two Viper siblings.

"Let's go. You have to do the interview before we go but other than that we're free," Jackson beamed. They smiled at each other, their pointy teeth on display.

They walked out of the infirmary and up to the apartment that they were staying in at the Capitol. On the second floor, the elevator stopped and the same golden-haired boy stepped inside.

"Welcome back to the land of the living," Finnick joked.

"It's good to be here." Jackson watched the two teenagers interact with narrowed eyes.

"Am I going to see you on the roof tonight?" Finnick asked Lilith.

"Possibly," Lilith said as the elevator stopped on Finnick's floor.

"Well I'll possibly see you there," Finnick left and the door closed.

"You like him," Jackson exclaimed.

"Finnick? No of course not," Lilith denied.

"Yes, you do. You have this cute little glint in your eyes. I can see the wedding," Jackson looked up dreamily as he clasped his hands together. Lilith pushed him in annoyance as she exited the elevator.

"Don't deny it, little sister. You love him." Jackson called, Lilith sent him the finger.

☾☾☾☾☾☾

Lilith sat on the roof and stared at the city in front of her. Despite it being nighttime, the Capitol was bustling with life. The ridiculous looking people looked like ants from her position and their brightly coloured hair looked like colourful dots. The elevator dinged and she smiled. "I thought you were going to ditch me."

"I could never ditch someone as beautiful as you," Finnick flirted. Lilith laughed.

They sat in silence and Finnick tried to subtly inch closer to Lilith although she noticed and just moved closer to him.

"How do you think you did in the games?" Finnick asked.

"It was okay. The gamemakers were assholes."

"It did look quite bad," Finnick commented. Lilith shifted as a breeze passed. Finnick put his arm around her and she looked at him questioningly, "You look cold. I can give you body heat."

"I think that is just an excuse to put your arm around me," Lilith told him.

"That too," he admitted. They sat in silence once again as Lilith got herself comfortable and leaned closer to the blond.

☾☾☾☾☾☾

After the interview the next day, Jackson and Lilith had hopped on the train and were now entering their new home.

"Mom. Dad." Lilith called.

She turned to go into the living room and swore loudly.

"What is it?"

Jackson looked at what she was staring at. On the couch was their parents with their throats ripped open. Their cold dead eyes stared at Lilith and made her uncomfortable. Lilith swallowed thickly and sidestepped her father's limp leg and picked up a note on the table next to a white rose.

"The price for your teeth. Have a good life. President Snow," She read.

"Great. Our siblings and parents are dead. I'm beginning to think we have bad luck in terms of family," Jackson commented.

"No shit," Lilith dropped the white card and went up to her room to lie down as Jackson called someone to take the dead bodies of her parents away.

Author's Note
Hello, lovelies. This is the end of Act 1. The next part will be focused on Catching Fire. Please read my other books if you like Klaus Mikaelson or Steve Rogers. Please also follow my Pinterest (which is in the banner 👇) to see all upcoming book covers and aesthetics.

Anyway, thank you for reading