10.

FINNICK and Johanna had left to their districts so they could be reaped. Lilith was beyond angry, she knew to some extent that President Snow's announcement was directed at the victors of last years games. Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark of District 12. They had outsmarted the gamemakers and supposedly fallen in love in the arena.

Lilith didn't really buy the star crossed lovers act and thought it was quite a ridiculous but smart move.

Lilith was violently stuffing things into a duffel bag when Jackson walked in. "What did that bag do to you?"

"I'm packing for my trip to certain death," Lilith responded bluntly.

"Please Lily, you're not going to get picked," Jackson said.

"Oh yeah? What if I do? What if Ivette doesn't and I get picked? I'm preparing."

Ivette Li-Sanchez was a girl from district 5 that had won two years ago. She and Lilith were somewhat friends but not as close as Lilith and Johanna, "And besides, Snow hates me so much I'm pretty sure the only name that is going to be in there is mine."

Before Jackson could speak a siren went off signalling that the reaping was going to start soon. The two sighed and exited their home and walked over to the square.

They stood on the stage as Elsa started her announcement. Lilith and Ivette conversed quietly as she finished up.

"Let's start with the boys," Elsa announced, she shot Jackson and Lilith sympathetic looks as she pulled the only card in the big bowl out. "Jackson Viper." Jackson stepped forward with a blank look.

"Let's move on to the girls," Elsa swirled the two cards around before picking one up. Ivette held Lilith's hand as she spoke, "Lilith Viper."

"I volunteer," Ivette said.

"No, Ivette it's fine. Stay with your family," Lilith stepped forward.

"Okay, then we have our tributes." The peacemakers grabbed the two siblings by their arms and dragged them off to the train. Not before Ivette slipped a silver necklace into Lilith's hands. When they got to the Capitol, Lilith crashed onto her bed and let sleep overtake her even though it's was only 5 o'clock.

☾☾☾☾☾☾

Katniss, Peeta, Haymitch and Effie were around the table eating, "Everything will Be different because it's a Quarter Quell," Effie started, "The Capitol has spared no expense. A new training centre. New tribute living quarters and of course a very special arena. But this year you will be facing other victors. Capitol favourites. Smart, cunning, skilled and they all know one another. You two are the outsiders."

Haymitch got up. "I want you guys to forget everything you think you know about the games. Last year was child's play. This year you're dealing with all experienced killers."

"All right. What does that mean for us?" Peeta asked.

"That means you're going to need to have some allies."

"Okay. I think that if we-"

Haymitch cut Peeta off, "You're not the problem," he pointed at Katniss.

"No," she said.

"Look. You're starting at a disadvantage. Most of these people have been friends for years." Haymitch told her.