09.

AFTER Lilith's games, she didn't have a victor's tour. She had refused to get on that train and say her condolences to the family of the fallen tributes. The only reason President Snow allowed it was because he killed her parents for the price of her teeth. Although just because she didn't go on the tour didn't mean she didn't have to do coaching for the next games and for the rest of her life.

Over the course of the next few years, Lilith and Finnick had grown closer. They had often met on the same roof during the games and sometimes Lilith would go over to district 4 to see him. Once the Capitol people saw them together they started rumours that they liked each other but the two always denied it.

After her games, President Snow had approached her with a deal. He said that he wanted her to work in the Capitol like Finnick. Lilith knew about what President Snow had made Finnick do whenever he went to the Capitol and she wasn't happy about it. When she told him no, he had threatened her brother. Lilith, not wanting to see the only family she had left die, agreed.

When both Finnick and Jackson learned about it they were beyond angry. Lilith told them that she would be fine and when the next games rolled around she started her 'duties'.

At the 71st Hunger Games, Finnick and Lilith met Johanna. She was an addition to their little group of young victors and her and Lilith became best friends. Johanna often teased both her and Finnick about their close relationship. Lilith always teased her back about liking Jackson and the two would always laugh at Johanna's flushed expression.

At the moment Lilith was sat with her brother, Johanna and Finnick in the Viper's living room waiting for the announcement for the 75th Hunger Games.

President Snow came onto the screen and Lilith scowled, "Booooo. We hate you. Die."

"Shush Lily. He has people everywhere," Johanna joked. When Johanna had first became friends with Lilith she decided that her name was too long and shortened it to Lily. People mostly call her by the nickname now.

"Then they could tell him I said fuck off!" Lilith shouted. Jackson slapped her upside the head resulting in her getting into a mini fight with him.

"Shhh," Finnick shushed the two siblings. He was standing behind the couch with his arms crossed looking at the events in front of him.

Lilith rolled her eyes playfully as the crowd settled and Snow began to speak, "Ladies and Gentlemen. This is the 75th year, of the Hunger games," The crowd cheered, "It was written in the Charter of the games that every 25 years, there would be a Quarter Quell, to keep fresh for each new generation the memory of those who died in the uprising against the Capitol."

"Please. It's to instil fear in people so you wouldn't have another uprising," Johanna scoffed.

"Each Quarter Quell is to be distinguished by games of a special significance and now on this, the 75th anniversary of our defeat of the rebellion we celebrated the 3rd Quarter Quell," Snow continued, "As a reminder that even the strongest can not overcome the power of the Capitol, on this the 3rd Quarter Quell games, the male and female tributes are to be reaped from the existing pool of victors in each district."

Lilith looked at the TV in horror. "Regardless of age," Snow said before, she stood angrily as the crowd cheered and kicked the table into the TV watching it smash before she went outside slamming the door on her way out.

She walked towards the mini throwing knife station Jackson had built after his games and picked up one of the small knives and launched it at the target.

She hadn't been as affected by the games as she knew some people were but the faces of the dead plagued her dreams making her unable to sleep. She wasn't too concerned for herself, however. Although she didn't really have many emotions and didn't feel sorrow or sympathy, she was worried about Finnick and Johanna. She had seen what the games had done to them seeing as they had regular sleepovers like children once a month before and after the games.

The two had usually woken up screaming from their hellish dreams and Lilith was always there to comfort them even though she didn't really know how. She wasn't as concerned about Jackson seeing as he was like her. Didn't really care if they lived or died.

Footsteps interrupted her thoughts of worry and she spun around to find Finnick standing there. She went up to him and hugged him.

"We'll be fine Lily," Finnick soothed. He wasn't entirely happy about the situation either but he didn't want her to worry.

"I know I will. I don't care about myself. I care about you and Johanna," Lilith grumbled not letting him go, she wiped the few tears that escaped her eyes from her face.

"Me and Johanna?" Fiinck asked confused.

"Don't act, stupid Finnick," Lilith chastised, "I've seen first hand what the games did to you both. I'm worried about you. Not me."

"What about Jacks?"

"Jackson's an adult he can take care of himself. He's like a little cockroach, can't seem to die no matter how many times you hit it," Lilith dismissed.

Finnick laughed. "I'm telling him you said that."

"Go ahead," Lilith smiled up at him. He looked down at her and kissed her forehead.

"Let's go inside. You'll catch a cold," He ushered her inside where both Johanna and Jackson were drinking their sorrows in alcohol. The two sat with them and silence filled the room, all of them wondering about different things.

Authors Note
Hello, lovelies. Please read my other books if you like Klaus Mikaelson or Steve Rogers. Please also follow my Pinterest (which is in the banner 👇) to see all upcoming book covers and aesthetics.

Anyway, thank you for reading