28.

TWO DAYS.

Two days was all the two had together before they had to get back to the rebellion.

They were two blissful days. Tangled together, happy.

The thoughts of it invaded Lilith's mind before she shook them away. She walked towards the open tent with Finnick, seeing the some of the team and Katniss already there.

"We're late," Lilith laughed.

"We're not late. They're just early," Finnick muttered back.

"Finnick, Lilith are you with us?" Katniss asked as they entered. Finnick swung his trident in his hand.

"Looks like it," Lilith replied. At some point, Katniss had grown on her and a silver of liking shone through the annoyance.

"That was a short honeymoon," Katniss embraced the two leaving Lilith slightly stunned before she masked it with a smile.

"Trust me it was very enjoyable," Lilith smirked up at Finnick and he nudged her with a light blush.

"Yeah, well. I guess we're going to have a longer one in the Capitol after we take you," he said.

"Gather around," Boggs ordered. The remainder of the people on the team trailed behind him, "Squad 451, you're my unit. Lieutenant Jackson is my second in command. Each one of you is elite in some form of combat but we are a non-combat unit. So we'll be following days behind the front line troops."

"You're to be the onscreen faces of the invasion," a woman said. Lilith recognised her. She had been the one to film the wedding. She remembered hearing that her name was Cressida, "The Star Squad. It's been decided that you're most effective when seen by the masses."

"So we're not going to fight?" Gale interrupted.

"You do whatever you're ordered to do soldier," Boggs responded, "It's not your job to ask questions."

"Yes sir."

"Our instructions are to shoot propaganda footage on the battle-scarred streets of the Capitol. You were handpicked to intimidate their forces-"

"And inspire surrenders," Cressida finished.

"Even though we'll be working on abandoned streets miles behind the front lines, I guarantee you, wherever they put us it would not be safe," Boggs informed.

"This is a war zone. It is likely that we'll encounter both active pods and Peacekeepers. You're considered high-value targets to the Capitol. In the event of capture, you'll be given a nightlock pill, a poison that acts immediately. Lieutenant Jackson will do the honours." He handed a pack to the woman.

"I've already briefed you on the pods. I remind you they are on every block," he said as the Lieutenant handed around the small purple pills, "Our unit has been given a Holo, a database that contains a detailed map of the Capitol and a list of every known pod. These pods can trigger anything from bombs to traps to mutts. We cannot move without this device. There is no guarantee that our database is complete."

Fantastic

Note the sarcasm, Lilith thought.

"There could be new pods that we're not aware of. Because we don't want the gamemakers to know we have this intel it has a self destruct on it. You flip this switch, say 'nightlock' three times and it blows itself and anything within a 10-foot radius. Stay within our unit. Even with the Holo, it's likely that new pods have been set. Whatever they contain, they're meant to kill you."

Finnick whispered to both Lilith and Katniss, "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 76th Hunger Games."

"Don't joke about those things Finnick. Look at her she's pale as it is," Lilith scolded.

Finnick rolled his eyes playfully and the group dispersed.

Author's Note

Hello, lovelies this is more of a filler chapter. Please read my other books if you like Klaus Mikaelson, Steve Rogers or Reborn stories. Please follow my Pinterest (which is in the banner below) as I post all my aesthetics there.

Anyway, thank you for reading.