21.

LILITH estimated that she had been in the Capitol for about two weeks now. She felt like she was going mad. Each day a peacemaker would come in and drag her out of her cell, blindfolded and into what she called the torture chamber. They strapped her down, injected her with weird substances, and then they would electrocute her into talking.

She didn't.

This always confused the peacemaker. She never spoke. She always sat there and stared at him. Unbeknownst to him, she was sitting there plotting his death. The way she would wring his neck in her hands. The way she would drive her sword through his throat and watch him choke on his own blood, or the way she would simply blow up the entire Capitol and be done with them all together.

Today was the same. The peacemaker had come and she was now sitting in a chair with cuffs around her wrists. The peacemaker took off his helmet and Lilith smirked with she saw his slightly terrified expression.

"You're new aren't you?" Lilith asked. From his shocked face, she gathered that he was, "I get it. Send in the new guy to torture the psychopath. See how he does. It's an initiation. Don't worry, I won't make it too hard for you." He turned around and looked at the glass behind him. Lilith knew that someone of importance must have been behind it. She tugged gently at the cuffs, noticing that they were loose. She kept silent as he turned back.

"Where are Katniss Everdeen, Finnick Odair and Jackson Viper?" He asked in a monotonous voice.

"Who?"

"I'm not playing games miss Viper, where are they?"

"Come closer," Lilith whispered. He hesitantly stepped forward, "Closer," he did, "Closer," he was significantly close to Lilith now and she could feel his breath fanning on her face, "Eat shit." She head butted him and pulled at the cuffs. They came undone and she grabbed his baton. She jumped up and flung open the door. On the other side, two peacemakers were waiting for her.

"Hello boys, can I help you with anything?" They grabbed her by the arms. She elbowed one in the face and kneed the other where the sun didn't shine and started running down the corridor.

She looked back to see more peacemakers following her. She turned and tried to open the door in front of her. She swore under her breath when she found it to be using a key card.

She looked back at the peacemakers and smirked as a plan formed in her head. She waited for them to come forward before enacting her plan. She ducked as one swung at her and swiped his leg. As she jumped up she dug her heel into his chest cavity causing him to lose his breath and start coughing violently.

The other grabbed her from behind and started dragging her in the direction she came from. She broke his hold on her and flipped him, twisting his arm until a sickening crack echoed through the pristine hallway. She knocked the two out and grabbed their keycard. She tried one and rejoiced when it worked and the door opened with a buzz. She thought about getting Peeta and Johanna but she didn't know which way their cells were.

She stopped as she came to a fork in the corridors. She groaned, "What kind of place this big doesn't have signs?" She weighed her options and ultimately went left. She ran quickly and opened door after door. She eventually found the cells, which was hidden by a lab, and looked for her fellow prisoners. She had been held in a cell away from the other two and she wasn't really sure why.

"Johanna! Peeta!"

"Lilith! Over here!" Johanna called. Lilith smiled in relief as she saw her friend. Across from Johanna was Peeta. His face was sunken in and dark bags circled his eyes, which were vacant. Johanna was similar. Her hair was wet and she was pale in complexion, "Why do you look so good?"

"What do you mean?"

"Compared to us you look like you've just sat in your cell all day."

"Thank you? Whatever, it doesn't matter," Lilith held up the key card and Johanna's eyes brightened with hope.

"Are those?"

"Yeah," Lilith pressed one to the scanner but her hopeful face fell when it buzzed red and not green, "No. No, no, no, no." She tried the other and it did the same thing.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. We'll be fine. You get out of here. And then you bring back the rebellion and kick those bastards asses," Johanna said.

"No. I don't want to leave you," Lilith shook her head, "There must be some other way." Lilith tried prying the bars open.

"There isn't," Johanna shook her head, "Lily you have to go. We'll be fine. I promise." Lilith knew Johanna's promise would be futile as they most definitely would not be fine in the Capitol.

"I'll be back I promise," Lilith nodded and ran off. She opened the door and continued running. Other than the odd peacemaker that she knocked out, no one was around and it caused a pit to form in Lilith's stomach.

She had taken a new keycard and finally opened, what she hoped was the last door. It was. A bright light blinded her and she could hear the sounds of chatter from the streets. Though the chatter wasn't as close as always, it was low and far away. Her eyes finally adjusted and she could see two rows of peacemakers standing there with President Snow standing in the middle with a smug smirk. She could see no civilians around, just them.

"Hello, Miss Viper. Did you enjoy your walk?" he asked.

"You motherfucker," Lilith muttered.

"As you can see, you can't escape so please re-enter the building and we can talk. Maybe I can give you a cell near Johanna. You two are close, yes?" Snow nodded and the peacemakers came forward and grabbed her. They injected her with clear liquid and her body fell limp.

Author's Note
Hello, lovelies. Please follow my socials (which is in the banner below) to see all upcoming book covers and aesthetics. Please also read my other books if you like Klaus Mikaelson or Steve Rogers.

Anyway, thank you for reading.