37.

THOUGH Lilith didn't like the situation, she still went to the execution. She stood tall beside her brother. Both had on all black armour with red paint smeared on their faces. Both embody the image of death and fear.

Katniss emerged from the tunnel and walked towards them, with rebels following. Snow stood on a podium in the centre of the area whilst Coin stood in his previous place. Lilith always know ew the woman was a vindictive and pathological liar, talking about ridding Panem of its tyrannous leader only to become one herself.

"Welcome," her voice rang out, "To the new Panem. Today, on the Avenue of the Tribute, all of Panem, a free Panem, will watch more than a mere spectacle. We are gathered to witness a historic moment of justice. Today, the greatest friend to the revolution will fire the shot to end all wars. May her arrow signify the end of tyranny and the beginning of a new era. Mockingjay, may your aim be as true as your heart is pure."

Katniss drew an arrow and aimed at Snow. She stared at the man for a moment before firing upwards, hitting Coin in the chest. The people hollered as they rushed forward to a laughing Snow.

People dragged Katniss away and Lilith smirked in gratification.

☾☾☾☾☾☾

The next day, Lilith walked into the rose garden, katana attached to her back. Snow had been attacked by the people but he survived. He was supposed to be publicly executed and he escaped that fate.

She entered staring down at the man who was slumped, writhing on the floor.

Her eyes rolled as she heaved him up to the bench.

"Mrs Odair," he spoke weakly.

"Snow, how are you? You're looking a bit pale," she teased. He coughed into his handkerchief and he pulled it away with blood, "That doesn't look too good."

"I'm dying Mrs Odair," Snow said.

"Yeah, I gathered that," double meaning behind her words, "So Katniss killed Coin."

"And she was right to do so. That woman ordered the bombs on the Capitol. My people were killed."

"Really? Interesting," Lilith said. She pulled a bench opposite him, "How did you feel when you sent mutts to kill us in the sewer? When they tore apart the love of my life right before my eyes?"

"I had no remorse," he said.

"Wow. It seems death has made you honest," Lilith drawled, "You know before I met Finnick I was, so to speak, unhinged. I was like a loose cannon. I mean you saw. You killed my parents and I didn't care."

Snow watched her carefully wanting to know what her intentions were, "You see," she continued, "Finnick was like my lifeline. He kept me sane. And now that he's gone," she shrugged, "Well there's nothing there but violent thoughts of ripping out your jugular."

"Have you come to kill me, Mrs Odair?"

"Yes, but not yet. I want to push my way into your mind first. You have a granddaughter right?"

Snow nodded, "How old is she?"

"Nine."

"Aw, I remember when I was nine. My second oldest sibling was getting murdered in the arena. It was quite gruesome. You remember her right. Nina Viper? Yeah. I didn't care for her much. Jackson was always my favourite. He understood me. But anyway back to the topic. Your granddaughter. She's cute. Adorable even. I wonder what it would be like to bathe in her blood?"

"You will not touch my granddaughter," Snow seethed.

"Who's to say I haven't already. She could be dead right outside and you wouldn't know," Lilith shrugged indifferently.

"You wouldn't."

"Oh, I would. Loose cannon remember," she smirked.

"You are sick."

"And who do you think made me this way? You and your Hunger Games increased the bloodthirsty monster inside of me and now she's coming out to play and never going back," she whispered. She drew the sword from her back. "I would like to think that you will be missed. But I don't think you will be. Goodbye Snow," Lilith said.

Snow went to open his mouth but was silenced by the kiss of her blade. Blood splashed across her face as his hands raised to his slit throat. He collapsed to the marble ground and Lilith smirked exiting the building.

She stepped over the dead guards swiping her finger in one's blood.

"Blood must have blood."