Chapter 2

I smiled at my friend and laughed. I checked the date on my phone, it was Thursday the 10th of June. The sleepover was tomorrow. I was so excited!
-
The Next Morning,
I woke up, ecstatic. I didn't feel tired at all, I was just so excited for the school sleepover! I don't think my school has ever done something so exciting!
-
I get out of bed and dress myself. After that, I go downstairs and pop some bread in the toaster. While it was toasting, I search my house trying to find a sleeping-bag. After I find one, I stuff it into my bag and sigh. I breathe in, and then out. Sighing away all my problems. My anxiety was sky high at this moment. Yes, I was excited but I was still hella nervous.
-
I find a drink, coke in a big bottle, and squash it into my bag. There's not much room left in my backpack, it's nearly full.
-
I hear the ping of the toaster, indicating that my toast is done. I grab it out of the machine and throw it on to the cutting board. I grabbed the butter from a nearby cabinet and smoothen it out onto my crispy toast.
-
After I'm finished eating, I take a big breathe in. I always get terrible anxiety in the mornings but this is just next level. Maybe it's the fact that I fear that I've forgotten something, or maybe it's the fact that im going to be SLEEPING AT SCHOOL!
-
I look in the mirror and mess my hair up a bit. I look at my outfit and smile. I'm proud of it to be honest.
-
I turn on my phone text Alex to make sure we're still meeting up again this morning.
SaintOfGames
We still meeting up?

I type out and wait for a reply, staring at my phone with no expression. When I get a reply I read it almost instantly

Quackity
Sorry. I'm meeting up with Luke today. But we should meet up before the sleepover officially starts! See you then. :)

I frown. Who's Luke? Anyways, I type back a quick message said bye and then I shove my phone into my pocket.
-
I take a deep breathe and then open the front door, locking it behind me before I begin strolling through my street. I decided to plug in my earphones so I can listen to my music. I put on a random playlist and Sweater Weather starts playing. I sway my head in tune of the music as I continue walking.
-
When I arrive at the gates Alex is not there, and then I remember that he's meeting up with someone else today. Someone called Luke? Who is that anyways? Never heard of them.
-
I walk into the school nervously, I barely ever have to walk in on my own, Alex is always by my side. Not having him here makes my anxiety even worse than it already is, which I thought was physically impossible.
-
I go to my locker and enter my locker code frantically. I'm searching my locker, desperately, looking for my anxiety medicine.
-
Oh no... I think... I think I left my anxiety medicine at home. My eyes grew big like saucers and slam my locker shut. That's when I notice a few people in the hallway are looking at me. I hate it. I hate when so many people are staring at me. I always wonder why so many people long to be the 'center of attention' personally, I'd just get so sick and tired of people never leaving me alone. But, that's just me.
-
I speedwalk  into the closest male toilets and I don't see anyone. I think it's empty. I go to the end and drop my bag on the floor, carelessly. I lean both my of hands on the sink side and then drop my head down. I stare into the mirror at myself and can see I'm bright red. I hate it. So much.
-
I take multiple deep breathes and grow angry at myself. How could I have forgotten my anxiety medicine? I thought it was in my locker so I didn't bother checking at home for it. I knew I forgot something!
-
Should I text Alex? I don't want to seem clingy. He's hanging out with his other friends. I shouldn't interrupt, right? That'd be rude. Right? But, is this an emergency? But what if he hates me if I interrupt his time with other people. Oh gosh. I think I'm overthinking it. I'll just leave it.
-
Moments after, another male walks into the toilets. He immediately notices me and doesn't quite know what to do. He could tell I'm not doing too good, I look like a tomato for gods sake.
-
He walks over to me slowly and stares at me, looking at me up and down. His eyes catch mine for a split second until I look back into the mirror. I'm still bright red. I take my right hand and ruffle it through my hair while the other male is still walking towards me.
"Hey. You ok?" He says, trying to get my eye contact.
"yes." I say, still looking in the mirror and ruffling my hair.
-
He puts his hand on my shoulder and looks at my face, studying every freckle and detail on my face. I give in and look at him, catching the other males eye contact.
-
I was still breathing frantically, but the mans gaze calmed me down a little. I breathe in and close my eyes for a few seconds. Once I open them, the other male is still staring at me. I smile.
-
I look into the mirror and see that my face is no longer bright red. A sigh of relief rushes my body.
-
I look back at the other male. He is now looking at my clothing and my height. He is nearly the same size as me, but maybe he is a little taller. I look at his face. He looks so perfect. His eyes are perfectly separated and his nose is small and pointy. His lips are... oh wow. His lips. I try not to stare. But, I can't help it.
-
I blink again, and again. Trying to make sure I'm not imagining this beautiful man standing before me. But, he's still there.
-
1071 Words. <3