Chapter 4

While we both begin walking down the hallway to get to the auditorium, Alex continues to question who my mysterious 'crush' is. Although, I don't tell him anything.
-
When we reach the two, large, double doors, which lead to the auditorium. I open the left door and Alex opens the right. Both our eyes search around the large room, we are both mesmerised. It was beautiful.
-
I couldn't believe how much effort the teachers have put into this. The walls were decorated with purpley, blue silk sheets and fairy lights which were glowing bright yellow. Me and Alex both look at each other and our faces are shocked. But, in a good way, of course!
-
"Wow. This is... amazing!" Alex says, finally saying something.
"Indeed! I love it." I smile at my friend.
-
"Sooooo... where do you wanna set up our sleeping bags?" Alex asks, pointing to a few empty areas around the room. I point to a nearby area next to the bleachers which looks empty enough. Alex agrees and we both walk over there chatting and complimenting the room.
-
I slouch my bag on the floor, and unzip it. Alex does the same and then we both pull our sleeping bags out.
-
My sleeping bag is black and red and Alex's is dark blue and yellow. We sit them down with a normal distance between them and then Alex lies down and yawns.
"I'm legit shattered. Can I sleep yet?" Alex asks as he closes his eyes and fake snores.
"It's legit only..." I begin and then pull my phone out my pocket to check the time. "7pm." I finish and then look at Alex, laughing.
-
Alex sits up and checks his watch. "Oh." He sighs and fakes a tear coming out of his eye.
-
I notice that the principal is climbing up the stage at the end of the room and is carrying a microphone. I tap Alex on the shoulder and points to the principal.
"Look." I say.
-
Alex and I plaster our eyes to the stage as the principal taps the mic.
"Sound check. Sound check." She repeats, making sure the mic is working. It's not. "Sound Check." She says again, the mic is actually on this time.
"Alright. I'm sorry but I'm here to deliver some bad news." She says while looking at the hundreds of pupil who sat before her.
"Oh for gosh sake." I whisper to Alex, "It better not be cancelled."
"I know right." Alex rolls his eyes and then looks back at the principal.
"I have just been informed that there is a thunderstorm on its way and it will be here in less than one hour." The principal says, folding her arms and scanning her eyes around the room.
-
I couldn't believe what I just heard. I am TERRIFIED of thunderstorms. I cant believe this. I cant do this. No no no. Nobody knows about my fear of storms since it's not really the coolest thing to be afraid of.
-
"The sleepover will still be happening! Do not worry, it won't be cancelled." The principal smiles and multiple students let out big sighs of reliefs. The principal then turns off the mic and then begins walking down the stage.
-
"Oh. That's it? I was getting scared for a minute hahah. Sooo, a thunderstorm? That'll just make the sleepover even more exciting"! Alex laughs and leans back down on his sleeping bag.
"Hahah.. yeah." I agree, but inside I'm totally freaking out. I don't want to do this anymore. I want to go home.
-
I lie down on my sleeping bag, hopelessly. What do I do? I could tell Alex about my fear for thunderstorms, but that's totally lame. Or, I could go home? It's not too late, right?
-
"I'm gonna go to the vending machines." Alex says, standing up and searching in his pocket for his money. He reached out some pennies and then he counted them.
"1....2...3..." He whispers to himself. "8$! Alright, I'll see you later. Bye." Alex smiles.
"Bye! You better be back soon." I say and wave.
"Don't miss me too much." Quackity giggles and walks away, waving behind him.
-
I sit there, alone, on my sleeping bag. Not knowing what to do. I could just go home, but what about Alex? Me and him were so excited for this. But, I HATE thunderstorms. I don't know if I can do this.
-
751 Words <3

Thunderstorm. || SKEPHALO FANFICTIONजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें