Chapter 8

"Okay. Fine. Tomorrow, after school." I gave in. And there is was, my first date with Zak was organised. Although it was in an odd order, we are having a first date after we've had our first kiss. But, I'm still glad that this date is happening. I'm excited.
-
Me and Zak have been in the toilets for about 15 minutes now. Alex and Vincent are probably getting suspicious but I don't care. All I care about is hanging with Zak and getting to know him better. Yes, every once in awhile Zak throws in a little flirty pickup line in the conversation, but I don't mind. It makes me blush every time.
"Hey. We've been in here for awhile. Don't you think we should head back now? Alex and Vincent are probably getting suspicious." Darryl suggested.
"Fine. If you insist." Zak grabbed Darryl's hand and led him out of the toilets and into the hallway.
-
They stopped in the middle of the hall, "what do we say if our friends ask why we took so long?" Zak asked me, looking around the halls, marking sure nobody was around.
"I don't know.." I'm not very helpful. I don't know what to say, Alex will obviously ask where we've been and why it took almost 25 minutes just to go to the toilet.
"Uhm.."
"Uhhhhhh.."
Neither of us had any idea of what to say. We decided to just come up with a random lie on the spot if they asked us.
-
When we both entered the auditorium all the lights were off, it was almost complete darkness except a few phones that were on. Zak remembered where we were sitting so he led the way, still holding my hand. When we got over to our friends they both greeted us.
"Heyy!"
"Hello guys."
It didn't take long for Vincent to mention the fact that it took us about 30 minutes just to go to the toilet.
"Soooo.. were you guys kissing again? That's cute." He giggles.
"YOU GUYS KISSED?" Alex squealed as his eyes lit up. He turned his phones flash light on and pointed it in mine and Zak's faces.
-
We had actually kissed yes, not on the lips though. But on the neck and the forehead. That's why, I wasn't sure how to answer Alex's question. That's why I left Zak to answer, haha.
"Nope." He said, in a chill tone. But he was obviously nervous.
"Hmmm... sure. You guys would be so cute though, oh my gosh." Vincent says, with no hesitation.
"AGREED!" Alex says, confidently. Me and Zak looked at each other and then back at our friends.
"A-Anyway.." I said, attempting to change the subject. "I'm gonna go to sleep. I'm so exhausted." I took my hand back from Zak and then sat down on my sleeping bag. I didn't go in it since it was already pretty hot in the auditorium, so I just lay on top of it.
-
Shortly after, Zak sat down on his sleeping bag, slowly moving it even closer to mine. He lay down, his head right next to mine. I decided to be bold and place my head on Zak's lower neck and my hand on his stomach. Some would call this spooning?
-
We both lay there, cuddling all night. I fell asleep within seconds and I think Zak did the same.
-
568 Words <3