Chapter 18

Me and Tubbo began walking down the corridor as we chatted and got to know eachother. My next class was Mathematics and so was his so we got to walk the whole way together.
-
After class,
Me and Tubbo walked into the cafeteria together and I led him over to mine and Vincent's usual table. Vincent was already sitting there and I waved at him with my left hand, holding Tubbo's right hand as I shown him the way to my table.

When me and Tubbo got to the table, we were immediately greeted by Vincent.
"Hey Darryl! Who's your friend?" He asks, towards Tubbo.
"Hi! I'm Toby but my friends call me Tubbo." The smaller brunette replies.
"Cool! Hi tubbo. Nice to meet you." Vincent says as myself and Tubbo sit on the bench.

I see a familiar black haired, tanned male in the distance. My eyes meet his and butterflies immediately swarm my stomach. My mind is suddenly over taken by the thought of going on a date with that handsome male. Which, I'M GOING GO TO DO AFTER SCHOOL TODAY!

Oh my gosh. What was I thinking? I can't possibly go on a date with him. I'd just turn into a nervous wreck!

My negative thoughts are interrupted when Vincent suddenly snaps his fingers infront of my eyes, breaking my eye contact with the distant male. I look back at Vincent and roll my eyes at him, feeling irritated.

"What have you been thinking about?" Vincent asks me.
"Nothing." I say, looking in the direction which Zak once stood, trying to see if he's still there.
Vincent's eyes follow me and he suddenly realised what I was staring at.
"Aaah. I see. Your lover boy?" My bestfriend says, looking all smug.

I suddenly feel Tubbo's gaze trail across my face.
"Your lover boy?" He says, almost as if it's a question.
"He's not my lover boy, he's just my friend." I clarify, although that is a little bit of a lie.. Since, the thought of kissing Zak never leaves my mind.

"That's such a lie. You and Zak are such simps for each other." Vincent rolls his eyes at me and takes a bite of his ham and onion burrito.
"Not true." I say, as my eyes suddenly lock with Zak's.

I don't look away, I just stare at the male. I don't know if my face is going red or not.. I hope it's not. That would be embarrassing.

I can hear Tubbo say my name a few times, trying to get my attention, but I just ignore him.

A small smirk grows on Zak's face as he breaks eye contact and pulls his phone out of his pocket. Before I know it, my phone dings.

I have a new message. And surely enough, it's from Zak.

Dummy🙄
Hey. You look hot over there.

(I CHANGED THE CONTACT NAME!! DO YOU LIKE IT??)

As I read the message, I immediately scoff.
Does he have any idea of what he is doing to me?
I look back up at Zak to see him smirking at me. But it wasn't a normal smirk. It was a smirk that screamed: Mischief. And it intrigued me.

I turned my attention back to my phone as I eagerly typed out a reply.

Me
I know.

I giggle at my screen as I press the send button.

"What are you laughing at?" Vincent says, interrupting my romantic fantasy.
"Nothing." I say, winking towards Zak, trying to tell Vincent what I was laughing at but without telling Tubbo.

I barely know Tubbo, so I'm a bit nervous to tell him I'm into guys. Most people know but.. I don't care about most people. I want Tubbo to be my friend, so if lying about my sexuality to him is the price I have to pay.. then that's what I'll do.

OK BUT WOULD YA'LL HATE ME IF I MADE TUBBO HOMOPHOBIC IN THIS STORY?? I NEED DRAMA- BUT I SUPPOSE I COULD ADD A NEW CHARACTER WHO WOULD BE HOMOPHOBIC??
-
680 Words <3