Chapter 15

Just before he is completely out of sight, Zak turns back at Darryl and throws him a slight wink. Darryl giggles and turns around, letting his legs lead the way into Darryl's house.
-
Nobody's POV:
As soon as Darryl walked into his home, he could hear the distant yells while echoed from the kitchen. Darryl decided to try sneak upstairs without his mother seeing him. He gently dropped his backpack behind the door and crept up the staircase, tightly holding on to the hand rail.
-
Darryl successfully got into his room without making a peep. His mother was oblivious. Or, that's what Darryl thought.
-
"DARRYL NOVESCHOSCH! WHERE ON EARTH HAVE YOU BEEN?" His mother screams as she runs up the stairs. She flings the door wide open, almost breaking the hatchet.
-
His mother stared at her son, eyes showing pure frustration.
"I was at school." Darryl says, and he's not particularly lying.
"Don't give me that bullshit! All night? I don't think so." Darryl's mother screeches.
"I'm being serious. It was a school sleepover." Darryl explained, trying not to sound rude.
-
Darryl's mother continues to accuse Darryl of being a liar.
"Why wasn't I notified if the school was having a sleepover?" His mother screams at her son, violently.
"I don't know! Ask the school I guess?!" Darryl argues, annoyed and growing impatient by his mothers lack of trust.
-
"Don't give me attitude." Darryl's mother says, grabbing the door handle tightly. "Get to sleep." She says before slamming Darryl's door shut.
-
Darryl sighs as he lies on is back, on his bed. He pulls out his phone and wondered if he should text Zak.
'I don't wanna seem clingy..' Darryl thinks to himself as he feels his cheeks burn up, clearly blushing.
-
Darryl's POV:
Before I can even type out a 'hello' message, my phone pings off, indicating I has gotten a message:

Zak🦋💙
Hey cutie.

I read the message and get instant butterflies. I immediately type out a response:

Me
Hi! I was just about to text you.

I smirked as I watched the screen, impatiently waiting for a reply.

Zak🦋💙
Awww. Missing me already? Cute.

I read his reply and scoffed, giggling.

Me
If I remember correctly, you messaged first. Meaning, you missed me as-well.

I said, smugly. This is one of the many reasons why I love talking to Zak. He is so fun to hang around him. This is one of the many reasons why I have feelings for him.

WAIT WHAT?

WHAT DID I JUST SAY....?

I'm falling for him..
-
Vote? <3