Chapter 13

"I.. I don't swear, alright?" I confess, looking down at the floor, fiddling with my fingers.
"Oh. Okay." Zak says, shrugging. Almost as if he didn't mind. I smile and Zak returns it, even brighter. I find a sigh of relief escaping from my lips.
-
We all continue talking and getting along happily. I still see Zak give me a few glances every time I talk to Caroline but I just give him a reassuring smile. That always seems to calm him down.
-
"EVERYONE LISTEN UP." The principal shouts loudly, waking up every student if they weren't already. We all turn our attention to the tall, grand stage where the principal stood.
"Everyone will start packing up their things and making their way home now." The principal explains while looking at each and every individual student.
-
A lot of my piers let out an annoyed sigh, others just roll their eyes. But me? I'm excited to go home. These sleeping bags aren't the most comfortable things to sleep in.
-
As the principal begins thanking everyone for their help (mostly staff) I begin putting all my stuff in my bag. Afterwards, I look back at the principal to see that she's gone so I look back at my friends.
"Well. This has been fun." Vincent says, smiling at all of us.
"Agreed! I hope the school does this again some time." Caroline replies, looking at me especially.
-
I can feel Zak's stare burn a hole in my head as I smile back at Caroline. I look at Zak and roll my eyes playfully. That's when Zak puts his hand on mine secretly. Nobody notices except me.
"What are you doing?" I whisper discreetly.
"I don't know what your talking about." Zak replies, trying to act oblivious. I twirl my fingers round, colliding our hands further. I can see a little bit of blush appear across his face. And I think Alex does too, which makes him raise an eyebrow at me.
-
When I see Alex looking at me and Zak I immediately separate our hands, which makes Zak look at me and frown. I smile at him, almost as if I'm trying to comfort him.
-
I throw my backpack on my back and as if by magic, the principal blows the whistle, indicating that we need to start exciting the auditorium and going home.
"See you all at school tomorrow." She shouts, waving and smiling.
-
I watch all the students pile up at the doors, me and my friends take our time walking over there. There is no point of rushing.
-
I lead my group of friends over to the long line of students. We all begin chatting about nonsense.
-
When we get to the front of the line, Alex and Vincent go to the vending machines in the hallway, but I can't be bothered to wait so, Me, Caroline and Zak go outside of the school gates. And we notice that it's pouring it down with rain. I sigh since I'm not wearing a hoodie, just a plain t-shirt.
-
I shiver in the cold as me and my friends start walking in a random direction. I stop and then ask my two friends which way their house is. As I say this, I point to the 4 ways they could possibly go.
"I go left, down pogtopia estate." Caroline says, pointing to the left road which wasn't that far away.
"Oh. I go straight ahead, through l'manburg street." Zak replies, quietly letting out a sigh of relief since he's not going the same way as Caroline.
"I go down kinky road, which leads to my house pretty quickly." I say, awkwardly scratching my neck.
"I could walk you home if you'd like?" Zak offers, as he takes a step closer to me.
"That sounds nice." I say.
-
Me and Zak wave goodbye to Caroline as we both walk down kinky road.
-
After 5 minutes of walking, Zak slips his hand into mine and I blush slightly. I try to hide it, but Zak's intense eye contact makes it impossible.
-
And there we are, walking down the road, in the rain, hand in hand. I'm so happy.
-
Vote maybe?
-
703 Words <3