Chapter 3

I blink again, and again. Trying to make sure I'm not imagining this beautiful man standing before me. But, he's still there.
-
He finishes looking at my clothing and then looks at my face. I hope I'm not blushing. That's embarrassing. I notice that he placed his hand is on my shoulder. Which made a small slanted smile appear across my face.
-
The moment was interrupted by another male walking into the room.
"Zak! What the fuck is taking so long?" He shouts. Then his eyes notice the two of us.
-
'Zak... so that's his name...' I think to myself.
-
Zak jumps and turns around to look at the other male. It's his best friend, Vincent.
He looks back at me and removes his hand from my shoulder. He looks at me, and I look at him.
-
None of us say anything. We just, simply, smile. Zak turns around and begins walking over to his friend. "Sorry. Let's go." He says to Vincent.
-
Just before the two males turn the corner, Zak looks back and me and winks. I blush and smile.
-
And just like that, he was gone. Will I ever see him again? I hope so. But I can't think about that now. Yet, I can't get the image of his hand on my shoulder out of my head. What is this feeling?
-
I look back at the mirror. I'm clearly blushing. I giggled and then pick up my bag. I swing it round my shoulder and then walk out the toilets. When I close the door behind me, a few jocks run past me into the toilets, pushing me out of their way, violently. I scoff and begin walking down the hall. I don't know where I'm going. Part of me hopes I 'accidentally' bump into Alex since I miss him. And, he's my only friend
-
I turn a few corners and still, no Alex. I pull out my phone and go on instagram. I see his story and a wave of jealousy floods over my body. He posted a selfie of him and some blonde guy. I'm guessing it's Luke? I notice he has tagged the blonde so I decided to click on his account.
Punz
Who the hell is Punz? What a stupid name. Reminds me of pug. Anyway, I messaged Alex, despite my jealousy and sadness.
SaintOfGames
Hey Alex. Where u at? Can we meet?
I type out. But, while I'm so invested in my phone, someone accidentally bumps into me from behind. I flinch, and look behind me.
"Shit! I'm so sorry." The boy says. He looks kinda familiar...
"Language." I whisper to myself.
"Huh?" He replies and looks at me.
"I- uhh- nothing.." I say, awkwardly.
-
Then, another boy becomes running up behind him.
"Vincent!" He shouts, still running.
'Right! That's Vincent. The guy from the toilets. But... if that's Vincent.. does that mean the other guy is...'
"Shut up Zak! You're legit so loud, people in Afghanistan could hear you." Vincent says, turning his head to look at Zak.
-
Zak raised an eyebrow when he try's to see who Vincent bumped into. Then, his eyes catch mine. Again.
"Oh! It's you." Zak says, while a friendly smile appears on his face.
-
I feel my cheeks flush up and I quickly look away and take a deep breath. I then look back and smile at Zak.
-
"Right! I forgot you two met. When I walked into the toilets you guys we kissing or something." Vincent laughs and looks at Zak.
"H-Huh?!" Zak stutters and glares at his friend, clearly feeling embarrassed. "We weren't kissing idiot..."
"Whatever. So, how did you guys meet?" Vincent rolls his eyes and starts to start a conversation.
"Just then in the toilets." Zak replies to Vincent. "Hey, how come I haven't seen you around school before?" Zak asks, looking at me.
"Uhh.. I don't know. I've been coming to this school for two years..." i say, awkwardly.
"Oh. How didn't I haven't noticed a cutie like you?" Zak says, folding his arms. But then he realises what he just said and then his face turns bright red.
'Did he just call me cute?' I think to myself as I look at the floor shyly. I can tell I'm blushing.
-
Thankfully, my phone pings, indicating that I've gotten a message. I unlock my phone and go on Instagram to see that Alex replied to me.
Quackity
Yeah sure we can meet. Now? I'll go to the reception and meet you there? Then we can sign up for the sleepover together! :)
I read and smile.
"Who's that?" Vincent asks, nosily.
"My best friend. I'm going to go meet him and sign up for the sleepover." I reply, smiling at both Vincent and Zak.
"We're going to the sleepover as well!" Vincent smiles.
"Yeah. Maybe we'll see you there?" Zak says, almost as if it's an invitation. I look at him and he looks at me. We both blush and I respond, "I hope so!" And then I shove my phone into my pocket.
-
"Alright, see you guys at the sleepover." I say, walking away and waving. I especially look at Zak more, I still can't get over the fact that he called me cute!
-
Anyways, I walk through the crowded halls to the reception. It took me so long to get there since it was on the other side of the school. But, Alex is still there waiting patiently.
"Heyyy!" He greets me, happily. "Sorry i couldn't meet up with you this morning." He apologies before I could even say hello.
"Hey, it's fine. I get it." I smile.
-
We both walk into the office and giggle with excitement. When the receptionist hands us the form to say that we'll be staying the night, we both sign with our signature and then hands the lady our forms back.
"That's all. Classes are cancelled today due to all the teachers setting up the auditorium. That's where the sleepover will be held. You may go there now and choose your area to set up your stuff. You can hang in groups off 1-4." The receptionist says, kindly.
-
Me and Alex both thank her and then we walk out of the office. "This is so exciting." Alex squeals like a mouse and then looks at me. He notices I'm blushing and then gets confused. "Who are you blushing at?" He asks.
"Uhhh... nobody." I reply, secretively.
"Oh come on! If you've met someone I deserve to know. I'm your best friend!" Alex argues playfully.
-
While we both begin walking down the hallway to get to the auditorium, Alex continues to question who my mysterious 'crush' is. Although, I don't tell him anything.
-
1131 Words <3