Chapter 23

When we pull up to my front door, I slide my key in and open it. Although, the house looks different... something about it seems... different.

"Hello son."
-
My eyes flutter uncontrollably when I see the tall human who stood before me.
"Father? What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Tokyo." I say, immediately standing infront of Zak. Not to hide him, but to protect him.

I can feel Zak's hand trail across my waist as he pokes his head past mine, trying to see the person who I was talking too.

"My business trip ended earlier than planned. I thought you'd be happy to see your old man." My fathers tone is deep and intimidating. Marco (my father) noticed another figure standing behind me. "Oh. I didn't know you had company." Marco says, tilting his head slightly.

I step aside so my father can see Zak, they look each other up and down and I immediately get nervous.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Zak." Zak says, smiling at my father.
"Hello. I'm Marco, Darryl's father." His tone was low and controlling. Some would even say scary.

"Zak is going to be sleeping over tonight." I say, quickly.
"Okay. I'll go into my study." Marco says, waving and walking up the flight of stairs.

Me and Zak are left, standing in the hallway. We look at each other and an awkward smiles forms on each of our faces.
"Well.. I guess you've just met my father..?" I try to force a giggle.
"Yeah.." Zak replies, not sure what to say. "Can we just go to sleep? I'm so tired." He says, connecting our hands.

This would usually be fine, but what if my father saw me and Zak being so lovey-dovey with each other? I'm still closeted to my father since he's so intimidating. I don't have the courage to tell him that I'm gay.

I take a deep breathe and snap myself out of my thoughts.
"Yeah. Let's go to sleep." I say, taking my hand back and trying to ignore Zak's hurt face. A sudden wave of guilt overloads my body as I walk up the stairs. I hear Zak following close behind me.

I open my bedroom door and notice that I forgot to clean my room.
"Oh-... it's a bit messy.." I say, feeling embarrassed.
"It's fine. I don't mind." Zak says, trying to cheer me up.

I open my drawers and begin searching for my pjyamas. I throw them on my bed and then look back at Zak.
"You want to borrow one of my T-Shirts to sleep in?" I ask.
"Yes please, darling." Zak replies, smiling at me.

I love the nickname, truly. But, I got nervous incase my father heard that. I rush over to my door and shut it, immediately. I can tell Zak's facial expression is hurt right now, I try to not look.

I walk back over to my dresser and pull out a white baggy t-shirt and then throw it to Zak. He catches it and then immediately starts taking off his current shirt.
"W-What are you doing?" I say, flustered.
"Oh come on. I need to change my clothes." Zak rolls his eyes and giggles.
"Then g-go to the b-bathroom..!" I say, pointing to a door in the corner of my room.

Zak stands up and walks past me into the bathroom. While he changes in there, I begin undressing myself and then I put my pyjamas on.

I then clean my room a bit by putting random books which I left on my floor, back onto the bookshelf. I also picked up a few dirty socks and threw them into my laundry basket, by my closet.

I hear the door nob of the bathroom door open, it reveals Zak standing there. The shirt goes down to his upper knee and he isn't wearing any trousers underneath. I blush at the sight and rush into my bed. I pull my covers over my body and wait for Zak to climb in on the other side.

Zak throws his tired, fragile body on my bed and wraps himself in the quilt. I giggle at him and then reach for the light switch which is above the bedside table. I turn the lights off and now Zak and I are lying silently in the dark.

About 5 minutes later, Zak speaks up.
"Darryl? You awake?" He says, his voice sounding sleepy and groggy.
I open my eyes and reply "Yes. Why? Everything okay?"
"Yes. Everything's great. I was just wondering if..." Zak says, but he cuts himself off mid-sentence.
"Wondering if what?" I ask.
"Wondering if we could cuddle..?" Zak says, shyly.

I feel my cheeks heat up as my eyes grow wider. A hint of reluctance floods my body.
'What if my father walks into my room and me and Zak are cuddling?" I think to myself. 'But at the same time, he's going to have to find out eventually right..?'

I decide to accept Zak's thought of cuddles.
"Sure.." I say, nervously.

I can hear the sheets rustle as Zak slowly moves his body towards mine. I open my arms, wide, waiting for Zak to embrace them.

Soon enough, Zak is in my arms and all my worries go away. I've noticed that Zak does that a lot. Whenever he is around he always calms me down and makes me feel safe. That's what I love about him.

———
JSJSJS
ADORABLE.
IM PROUD OF THIS CHAPTER, NOT GONNA LIE QTS :]

926 Words <3