𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡

𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚝 -- 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢

𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐: 𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚍. 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡

A hundred and one thoughts ran through my mind as I followed Aizawa. I was thinking of the possible people who could want to see me. Hope sparked deep into me when the image of my family crossed my mind. I walked a little faster beside Aizawa.

However, when the door to our classroom opened, I felt my shoulders drop. I was filled with disappointment when my gaze fell upon the blonde. He was leaning against his desk, hands shoved deep in the pockets of his sweats. He was looking to the side, but when he heard the door open, he looked towards us.

I walked inside slowly, not glancing behind me as the door closed, and Aizawa’s footsteps depleted down the hall. Bakugou stood up, taking his hands from his pockets. He walked towards me, stopping near Aizawa’s lecture stand. He opened his arms, silently inviting me to him.

“Why should I?” I said. “I’m just in your way, remember?”

“Look, I’m sorry about what I said, alright?” He sighed, his eyes closing. “I was just...upset--and before you say anything, yes, I know. I had no right to be. I wasn’t seeing things from your point of view. I’m used to always different things happening, so a new world wasn’t all that surprising to me. I didn’t take into account that you weren’t used to it. I just figured you’d get over as we all did. And what I said about Dabi--I shouldn’t have fucking said that. I just didn’t want to have to think about whatever they did.”

His arms slowly lowered to his sides, as he opened his eyes. His ruby orbs found my e/c eyes, a frown pulling on his lips.

“I don’t get love or anything, but you’re my soulmate for a reason. We’re supposed to be with each other for the end of time and back. We’re supposed to support each other in our lows and our highs. ‘cept I fucking left you when you needed someone the most. I...didn’t think about how much this was affecting you, Y/n. I couldn’t think of what you were thinking.”

He sighed, rubbing a hand over his face before raking the same hand through his hair. I felt my eyes widen by a fraction when I saw him shaking.

“I was trying to shove you away. I wanted you to go back home before all this happened. I didn’t...I didn’t care if that meant I never saw you again. I just wanted you to be safe. I didn’t want you to get hurt. I just wanted you to be able to stay with your family, and not here where there’s so much danger. I guess...I guess I was being selfish, because I didn’t want to go to your home, and tell your family that y-you weren’t...here.”

Bakugou dropped his head, balling his hands into fists.

“I d-didn’t want you to have to do something that had nothing to do with you! You didn’t ask for all this! You never wanted to be here! I know that! And I fucked you over! I made you feel like shit! I know, I know! If I could take it all back, I would! You didn’t ask to get thrown into this world and passed back and forth like that! You never asked to be kidnapped, or hurt, or confused, or lied to as much as you were! I feel like shit for even doing any of that!”

His voice was cracking. He lowered himself onto his knees, dropping his head out of my view. I could see his gray sweatpants darkening with the droplets of his tears.

“I’m sorry,” He whimpered. “I-I’m sorry, Y/n. P-Please, I don’t care if you hate me, j-just say you’ll go home. I-I don’t w-want anything to happen to you!”

My step bounced off the walls. I dropped into a crouch in front of him, crossing my arms over my knees before resting my chin on them. He looked up at me, and I felt my heart clench at the sight of tears racing down his cheeks. My lips pulled in a soft smile as I moved one of my hands to wipe his cheeks.

“‘Soulmates will always be there, no matter what the other wants,’” I said, making his eyebrows furrow. “That’s what my mother told me when I was younger and asked about them. Katsuki, I’m not mad at you. And I hope you aren’t mad at me for saying this, but I'm not going home. I can’t go home.”

“Dammit, woman! Why--”

He broke off when he looked at my face. I closed my eyes, the tears clumping on my lashes falling down over my cheeks. It was his turn to put his much larger hand on my face.

“I can’t go home, Katsu. The portal was closed.”

“Fuck, I-I didn’t know--”

“No one does,” I said, wiping my eyes with my sleeve. “But...it’s okay. I’m going to be a hero, like you and the rest of the class. I’m not going to let this stop me. And you don’t have to worry, Katsuki. After all, we’re supposed to have each other’s backs, right?”

He stared at me. His ruby eyes were swirling with emotions, his lips trembling. He moved both hands to my face. I felt his trembling, and placed my hands over his, smiling softly. He seemed to fight against himself before he was pulling me closer to him.

His lips pressed against mine. I relaxed into his touch, my eyes slowly closing. I shifted onto my knees, causing him to tighten his hold on me. He pulled me closer, slipping his hands from my cheek to my waist. I felt my face warm at the gesture, and it rose with even more heat when he drug me into his lap, wrapping his arms around my back. He pulled back just a brief second before pressing his lips against mine again. I trailed a hand into his hair, gently stroking through the blonde strands.

His kiss was fast--like he was afraid I’d leave. So I reminded him that I wasn’t going anywhere. I put my hands on his shoulders, pulling my lips from his. I kissed the corner of his mouth, causing his pink cheeks to turn red.

“Katsu…” I whispered. “It’s okay. I’m not going anywhere. After all, I spent the last sixteen years searching after you; sometimes believing that you didn’t even exist. Why would I let you go now that I’ve got you?”

He dropped his head into my neck. I smiled, placing my hand in his hair as I leaned my head against his.

“It’s okay to be scared, Katsuki. And it’s okay to cry. You’re still human. And while your pride may be too much for you to admit it, I know. It’ll be okay. We’re bound to have our differences. We’ll get used to being around each other soon enough. And I’ll still be here for you. I’ll be your shoulder to cry on if you’ll be mine.”

His hold tightened, and his body hiccuped with his tears. He muttered something into my neck that sounded like a ‘yeah’ or something like that. I rubbed his back. He pulled away, furiously wiping at his eyes. He put his hands on his thighs, avoiding my gaze.

“The universe made no mistake,” I said, making him look up at me, eyes still glistening with tears.

You’re my soulmate, Bakugou Katsuki.”

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡: 𝚎𝚗𝚍
𝚐𝚒𝚏 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎
1289 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜