#14

ENTRY:8/6/2021

"So...how are we going to break the news to the rest of them?" Ioa asked Optimus, the mech cradling the femme carefully. Optimus looked down at her and raised an optic ridge in question.

"Bold of you to assume that we have to tell them." Optimus smirked at her, earning a playful glare from the medic.

"Ah, the sass is back."

"In my defence, it is a personal thing."

"Hmmmm..."

"Your silence is an agreement to my cause. Hence, I rest my case."

Optic rolling, Ioa shoved the smirking mech tenderly, eliciting a hearty laugh from the Prime. Flashing the femme an adoring look, the Prime scooped her up and requested her to be in holoform mode.

"Turn on your holoform, please?" Optimus asked politely. Ioa sighed but obliged nonetheless, shifting into her human form on his palms. The mech grunted in approval before transforming into his alt-mode and activated his holoform too.

"Let's...figure out the speech together?"

---

The ride back to the base was quiet as the two sparkmates relished in the peaceful silence. Ioa sighed contently in the Prime's arms as he 'drove' back to base. She was playing at the hem of his white shirt, tugging it softly and twisting it mindlessly. 

Ioa was in a more comfortable outfit, which consisted of an oversized white tee and a black baggy jeans. Her sparkmate was sporting a white t-shirt with a red and blue jacket over it and  white jeans with black military boots. Ioa snorted at the choice of his clothing, earning a look of confusion from the Prime.

'Don't you have any other choice of outfit than this?' Ioa said through the bonds. Optimus gave her a small smile before turning back to the road.

'No. Besides, it matches my paintjob.' he replied. Ioa scoffed playfully and countered back, still tugging at the mech's shirt.

'When I have the time, I'll get you to play dress-up with me.' Ioa planned mischievously; a wide smile plastered on her face as she looked up to see her sparkmate shaking his helm in exasperation.

"You are undoubtly insufferable, young one." 

"I love you too."

---

The two of them arrived back at base, only to have the team waiting for them; Fowler and Miss June included. Ioa looked nervously towards Optimus, raising her eyebrow at him.

'Welp, we are fragged.' Ioa said through the bonds.

'Lang-'

'I dare you to finish that word, Optimus.'

'Language.'

'I'm SO going to kick your tailpipe after this!'

'I might take up that offer in exchange of our predicament.'

Huffing at the mech's reply, Ioa rolled her eyes dramatically. Opening the passenger door, Ioa got out and landed on the base's floor with a thud before transforming back into her biped mode. Optimus followed suit and spared Ioa a small glance, sending her reassurance through the bond.

Ioa gave him a look of gratitude before facing the team. Faking a smile at the team, the white and gold medic finally broke the silence.

"H-Hey, what's up?" Ioa said nervously, casting a grin at the team. Arcee crossed her arms in reply before speaking up.