#36

---

Shockwave; the brilliant scientist of Praxus.

Born with one of the sharpest and brightest minds, said mech has dedicated his whole life all in the namesake of science and technology.

But was he ever so...careful on tampering with nature law?

The one-opticed scientist had an unrelenting passion for his career. Simply put, he was a fanatic of his works; aiming to break the impossible day by day, no matter the cost.

Keyword: No matter the cost.

One night, the borderline crazy mech travelled alone to the Wells of Allsparks and forced his way in, silently taking out the guards on duty. Reaching closer to the mouth, Shockwave took out a canister and tried to gather some sparks for his...experiments.

Sensing an outside force disturbing the harmony within the Wells, the glowing, dancing wicks of lights turned away from him, fizzing to the other side. Growling, Shockwave ran circles around the mouth with half of his body outstretched trying to at least capture one spark.

"J-Just get i-inside already!" he hissed, leaning deeper to have a better chance on taking the Cybertronian souls. With all of his might, Shockwave quickly cupped a few unaware sparks and locked them shut in the can, finally succeeding in his work.

The scientist swiftly left the scene and no one was any the wiser of the situation. Those innocent bots on the lookout were carefully disposed to ensure his experiments weren't to be disturbed.

Soon, the mech arrived back to the base, specimen in servos. He counted the dancing lights and noted that he had gotten 5 sparks.

"This would do." He muttered softly, nodding in approval of his own achievement. Transferring each spark one by one into a vial, he was then met with five different glowing bottles, all banging harshly onto the glass tube.

Unfortunately, the sparks CANNOT survive that long without a host. And thus, the first to go was a yellow spark. It flickered its last glow before dropping to the bottom lifeless and ebbed into dust.

"So, this is what happens when a spark without a host is extinguished; it turns to dust." Shockwave diligently wrote down his observation.

The next one was a pink spark. It was fierce and unrelenting until its very last breath.

"Quite the frightful being; but it is still weak under my grasp. Illogical attempt. You cannot defy the one that controls your life." Shockwave said, his cold gaze laid upon the died down spark.

Then came the green one. It was calm and gentle, never fighting too wildly comparing to its siblings. At its very death, the juvenile spark danced its last dance before succumbing to its death.

"This isn't good." Shockwave said, frustrated. He was now left with two sparks and time was running out. He needed a LIVE bot to carry out this task but he couldn't find anyone.

"Sir; your daily ration." A Vehicon announced, knocking on his door.

The scientist perked up as he finally thought of an idea.

Turning around, he welcomed the Vehicon into his lab gracefully. "Please, come in." he said, gesturing to the unexpecting visitor to his table. The unnamed Vehicon obediently set the cube down, ready to leave when Shockwave neutralised him, rendering the poor bot into stasis.

Dragging the lifeless body onto his medical berth, Shockwave opened the Vehicon's chassis, ready to insert the cyan spark into his. The scientist slowly took out the tiny spark and pour it into the spark chamber.