I fell in love with my teacher [Love Story] Chapter 37

sorry for the lateness and if it's not long or anything but i have a feeling you're going to love it anyway! 

Chapter 37

___________________________________________________

I hesitated before looking at him. His expression was filled with regret and sadness and a little bit of me wanted to give in and just hug him, kiss him—No. I wouldn’t give in to him this time.

“I said I didn’t want to speak to you.” I said bluntly just as he was about to speak

“I want to say that I’m sorry—I want to explain.” He said grabbing my hand

“I don’t want any explanation!” I said pulling my hand away from his no matter how much I wanted it to stay there. I really did want to know the reason he had gone away for so long but I decided I’d let him suffer a little more.

“But—“ he began

“Did you leave because someone was hurt? Dying? Or are you having any other problems with you or your family?”

“No, but—“

“Then I don’t care.” I said cutting him off

I turned to walk away and he pulled me back once again, this time his body was closer and I was up against the glass of the exhibit. The underwater tunnel was no completely vacant, as the old people had exited the other end minutes before.

I swallowed nervously ready to tell him to leave me alone until he spoke first.

“I left because I am being selfish. I left because I needed to be away from you—“

“You…You what?” I stuttered out, surprised.

“Please, Listen.” He begged as I struggled to turn away from him. “I see you everyday talking with Tyler or Jake or any other boy your age and I think to myself ‘what are you doing?’ I hate knowing that I’m taking you away from all the normal teenage experiences. Even though they might not be the best, like broken hearts, I still hate knowing that while you’re with me your not experiencing any of it.”

“I can feel my heart aching right now—Are you saying you don’t like me anymore? You don’t ever want to be with me?” I said through light tears

He wiped them away from my cheeks and continued.

“No, don’t cry. I came back for you. I couldn’t stand it, you know. Everyday you would text and call and it took everything in me to not reply or answer. I wanted to get over you so that you wouldn’t be held back anymore. I don’t want you to have to wait until you finish school. I want to be able to hold your hand everywhere I go, hug you, kiss you, but I can’t because it’s illegal.

“I’m 18 soon.” I whimpered afraid at where this conversation was going. Any shred of angriness had disappeared from earlier and I was now filled with worry and anxiousness. Was he trying to tell me he didn’t want this anymore, or not?