I fell in love with my teacher [Love Story] Chapter 20

Chapter 20 !

His face slowly twisted up into a smile. “I did say you.”

I didn’t know what to say. We both stood up and I turned to face him.

“I mean…” He began as I stared at him. “You’re really the only one I know fairly well from the team…well your basically the only one I can act myself around so of course I’d want to see you play softball.”

“What about Miss Ray?” I accidently blurted out. I dropped my eyes to the floor.

He started to laugh a bit. “Careful Taylor you almost sound jealous.”

I looked up at him, he was raising his eyebrows up and down mockingly.

I hesitantly laughed as I waited for him to answer properly.

“Look, Miss Ray and I are just friends if you have to know.” He smiled. “I mean, she likes me but we’re old friends and I could never…”

He looked up expectantly wanting me to say something to fill the silence. I could feel the tension building but it wasn’t a bad sort of tension more of a good one. It was hard to explain.

“Oh… Well that’s good, I mean, I think?” I managed to stutter out.

It was great!!!! I couldn’t believe it. I was so sure that they had a thing going on. Relief washed through me and my mood lifted.

“Yeah I’m not into older women. 28 is a little old for me don’t you think?” He laughed.

“28?” I said surprised

“Yeah…She’s 28 didn’t you know?”

“No... I thought she was only in her early 20’s.” I admitted.

He laughed at me as he grabbed my arm to pull me forward so I began to walk. My arm melted into his hand. As soon as I took my first few steps to follow him he let go.

We soon reached the dorms and we both said goodbye. I walked into my dorm to find Carly lying on the floor throwing a ball in the air and Rachel on her bed reading a book she must have bought along. They both had wet hair from their showers.

“Hey.” I said walking over to my bag to get some clothes out.

“What took you so long?” Rachel asked putting her book down

I looked up at her slightly hesitating before answering. “Mr. Easton talks a lot.”

It wasn’t the best excuse but it worked. I smiled to myself at the thought of him.