I fell in love with my teacher [Love Story] Chapter 19

Chapter 19

“Come on girls!!!” Our over excited coach yelled from the sideline.

I was standing in the outfield as the ball came soaring right to me. I could feel everyone’s eyes watching me as the ball fell from the sky. I stuck my hand with my glove on it out as if I were reaching for the ball. The ball fell lower and lower and I shuffled around trying to get right under it so I could catch it.

BAM. The ball hit my glove and I closed it so the ball couldn’t escape. I had caught it and my team began to cheer.

****************

“Good catch today” Rachel said to me after the game. “I’m glad we won.”

I sat on the bench taking off my shoes and slipping my thongs on. One game down and one to go, I thought.

“Thanks, It was a fluke.” I said trying to be modest.

“Yeah right.” Rachel said as she began to walk out of the dugout. “Come on hurry up.”

I fumbled around with my bag for a short second and finally stood up to follow her out.

“The bus ride felt like forever this morning. I’m still a bit stiff from it.” Rachel stated.

The bus ride was pretty long. It took us a good 3 hours to get to the other boarding school. We had to sit the whole time as well, obviously, besides one toilet break that was barely even 5 minutes long. We had only just arrived 1 hour before the first game against the opposing school so we couldn’t even get settled in or take a nap or anything.

“Yeah me too.” I said, winding my fingers behind my back and pulling upward to crack my back.

“This way girls!” The coach yelled from ahead of us.

We followed her all the way down a long hall and soon enough reached our assigned rooms. All our overnight bags sat at the start of the hallway.

“Shayla, Jasmine!” The coach said loudly “Room 1!”

Two girls from the team found their bags in the pile, grabbed the keys off our coach and made their way to room 1.

I wondered who I would be stuck dorming with.  Thankfully the coach called out the girls that I didn’t talk to and they all paired off with other girls from the team.

Soon enough Rachel, Carly and I were standing there next to our overnight bags. I wondered if one of us had to room with the coach since we were in uneven numbers. I hoped we would get a triple room or something.

“You girls will all be rooming together and you’re in room 10.”