I fell in love with my teacher [Love Story] Chapter 32

Hi! I'm going away on the 14th until like the 24th or something so this will be my last update until then!

I kinda made it a Taylor/Aaron chapter because lets face it, they're the most exciting bits to read.

anyway VOTE if you like I can never get over like 30 so meh.

www.biddyandrussy.tumblr.com <-- follow ;)

CHAPTER 32!

********

This morning, like most mornings since the accident, I felt numb. It had been about a month since the accident and each day I’d find that a little shred on numbness would disappear. I was relieved to know that time was healing my wounds. It didn’t hurt so much when I thought about my mum or brother anymore-don’t get me wrong, I missed them, but it wasn’t as painful as when they had first died.

I probably shouldn’t have thought about Mr Easton as many times as I did whilst I was going through this, but I couldn’t help it. It was like he was stuck at the back of my mind all day, every day. He had been especially nice to me the past couple of weeks and I found it comforting. I knew he ‘liked’ me in a way that was forbidden due to his job and my age but he hadn’t shown it lately, he had just been a genuinely, nice, caring guy. Part of me kind of worried that his feelings had faded. I hadn’t really had a real conversation with him since the one of the rooftop where he said he’d ‘be there for me’, which he was, just not in the way that I’d hoped for...romantically.

As my thoughts trailed off my heart started to beat faster as I approached my maths classroom. I knew nothing would happen between Mr Easton and I that was out of the usual but I couldn’t help but get excited every time I knew I was going to see him.

Only, it wasn’t him at the front of the classroom this morning. It was a teacher I wasn’t familiar with. The first thing about her that caught my eye was her long brown hair that fell in the middle of her back. She wore small black high heels which were almost covered by her blue vintage-looking dress. I continued to walk into the classroom and take my usual seat. Familiar students began to pile in and each of them looked at the lady in confusion. I waited for her to turn around from the board so I could see her face.

Once she had finished writing up a ridiculously long equation she finally turned around to face everyone. She looked like she was in her late forties or early fifties, soft small wrinkles, that you could barely notice, bordered her face. More wrinkles and lines appeared as she brought her lips up into a smile and said good morning.

“Hello Students, I’ll be your substitute for this double period, my name is Mrs Gardiner. You will have me for about a week due to the sudden absence of Mr Easton.”

The class remained quite as she continued on, while my mind raced through all the possibilities to why Mr Easton would be absent for a week, of course I jumped ahead to unlikely, bad conclusions.

“I’m not sure why he’s absent so I can’t answer any questions.”

A few hands from students obviously wondering where he was rose, but soon disappeared back down.

“As far as I know you’re all just carrying on with work from last period, so you can get started now.”

Students began to grab their books and textbooks out of their bags and Mrs Gardiner sat down at her desk and began on what looked like paperwork or tests or something along those lines.

“What’s on the board?” A kid from the back asked

Miss Gardiner looked up in surprise. “Oh sorry! I forgot about that, the student who solves that will get a $50 gift voucher to the store of their choice for this Saturdays outing.”