I fell in love with my teacher [Love Story] Chapter 29

www.wattpadcast.tumblr.com

Sorry if its short or rushed but i quickly wrote it because its SCHOOL HOLIDAYS NOW :) so i get 7 weeks without school and I probably won't be bothered writing but i'll try.....

OH and im pleased with the voting you guys did very well :) thank you!

Chapter 29 ~

_____________________________________________

On Monday morning I woke up to a small knock at the door. Reluctantly I flipped the covers off me and went to answer it. I looked over at Rachel’s bed and she wasn’t there, probably went to the gym or something I thought.

I opened the door to find my Mum, Dad and Brother standing there smiling at me. My face lit up immediately to match theirs.

After a series of mumbled ‘hello’s’ and hugs I invited them in. They waited patiently 5 minutes as I quickly changed in the bathroom and combed my hair, and then we set off toward the dining hall to have breakfast together.

“I thought you guys were coming next week?” I asked mentally counting the days when Mum had rang and called to say when they were coming.

“We thought we’d surprise you, plus Ryan has some football tournament for school next week that he couldn’t miss, so we came this week.” Mum answered smiling.

“Well I won’t get to spend much time with you... you know with classes and all that.” I said sadly.

“We have 3 afternoons and nights to spend with you that will be plenty.” Dad said

“You’ll get sick of us soon anyway.” Ryan said smiling.

I tsked at them as we made our way up the front to grab some breakfast. We sat down for the remaining hour we had together until I had to go to class. I told them about Saturday’s outing and everything else I could about the school and they told me about all the other family back home and anything else relevant.

I was so happy to see them that I couldn’t keep the smile off my face. I was no longer mad at them for sending me here—after all it had been good...I’d met Mr. Easton and all of my friends, plus it was a nice change of scenery. Though the bad thing was I didn’t really stay in touch with Chelsea anymore.

“How’s Chels?”

“She’s alright.” Ryan said “Been hanging around some weird people though... Like not you’re old friends.”

“Oh...”

“Yeah, she’s fine though—hasn’t got in any trouble yet.”

“That’s good then.” I said relieved—sort of.

“Anyway—“Dad started to say as the bell cut him off.

“Sorry I’ve got to go, I’ll see you in the afternoon.” I said giving them a smile as I waved goodbye. I didn’t want to be late for maths.

Recently Mr Easton had confessed his feelings for me—I thought it was great but obviously he didn’t, in a way. He said we couldn’t do anything while I was still seventeen and at school, which sucked but it was that or nothing.

I happily made my way across the quad and into the hall that led to my maths class. Students piled in before and after me as I took my usual seat. Soon enough Mr Easton forwarded into the room giving me a quick smile that I returned before starting the lesson.

“Today we’re doing algebra, turn to chapter 6 and get started. Tell me if you need anything explained as well.”

And with that, students—along with me—began getting their books and pens out ready to work.

I flipped the textbook open to chapter 6 and began, every so often glancing up at Mr Easton to find him looking at me. Each time a small smile played on my lips. Class, of course, ended too soon and my peers began to pile out of the classroom and off to lunch, since we had a double period.

I purposely took my time packing up just so I could be the last to say goodbye to him. Petty, I know. But oh well.

“Bye Taylor.” He said when everyone but me had left the room.

I turned around and smiled at him. “Bye Aaron.”

The rest of the day and night went by pretty quickly. I saw Mr Easton a few times at a distance but not close enough for us to smile or do anything else to each other. We’d been pretty distant since Saturday—probably because my family was around I guessed. I spent most of the afternoon and night with them... showing them around, eating dinner etc. They were probably right about the 3 day thing—we probably would have gotten sick of each other in anymore time. We were already running out of things to do around school.

We basically ran in the same pattern for three days. Breakfast together, school; spend the afternoon together and usually most of, if not all, of the night. 3 days zoomed by rapidly and before I knew it I was hugging them all goodbye trying to push back tears. Mum did no such thing and let all her tears come out. I hugged my brother and told him I’d see him soon, same with my Dad and Mum. There was only about 7 weeks til holidays and I’d see them then. Just about 2 months without them, I could do it.

I watched the cab drive out of the driveway as I waved. It was about 7:00 at night and I still hadn’t eaten so I headed straight for the dining hall. I luckily passed Mr Easton on the way and he invited me to dinner saying something about ‘old times’. Of course I agreed and off we went.

Surprisingly once we had piled up our plates with food he led me up to the rooftop garden.

“Why are we up here?”

“It’s a nice place, don’t you think?” He said frowning as he closed the door behind him.

“No! I mean yes it is a good place.” I said sitting down on the chair. He sat down beside me and we began to eat.

“Your family seem nice.” He said as he finished eating his pasta. ‘Too bad you didn’t introduce me.”

It was true—I didn’t introduce them in case they picked up on something between me and him. Mum would have had me out of the school in no time at all. Dad however was somewhat laid back. I think he believed that if you love someone you shouldn’t have to hold back the feelings—backward I know. Mum should have held dad’s views and mum should have held dad’s.

“Sorry, I was kind of busy with them... catching up on things back home and all. I really missed them.”

“It’s ok, next time.” He said smiling, instantly making me feel better about not introducing him.

Time passed pretty quickly when I was with him, unfortunately, and soon it was about 8:30. We had spent the past hour and a half like a couple. Laughing and joking around with each other, never making contact though. I wished so badly that he would slip up like he had at the movies. Every time he spoke all I could do was watch his lips...

We made our way down the stairs, him trailing me close behind. I thought about coming to a sudden stop just to feel him close to me—even though he could knock me over in the process, but oh well.

I decided it was a bad idea and kept walking at the same pace. We returned our dirty dishes and set off toward the dorms for bed.

From across the quad I saw a frantic Rachel running toward me.

“Taylor! Taylor!” She said breathlessly

Mr Easton stepped forward to steady her

“Taylor! It’s bad. I have bad news. Oh my god, I can’t believe—“She said all at once

“What is it?” I asked as worry built up inside of me. Hundreds of possibilities ran through my head as I waited for her to answer.

She looked up at me with a sympathetic expression.

“Rachel?” Mr Easton prompted looking between us. “What is it?”

We both stared at her as she said her next words. I felt my whole world come crashing down in those few seconds.