s e c o n d m a l e l e a d

"From now on, (Y/N) DeRiaz will lose her status as a noble and be exiled to the land in the South."

You knew this was going to happen, though the punishment was harsher than you thought it would. Looking around, you could see the nobles around showing you sympathetic looks. 

How could they not? You were the reason the crown prince still had a reputation. 

He was only a prince by name. Action-wise, he is nothing but a douchebag who kept on abusing his authority as a royal. Sexual harassing girls, skipping classes, lazying around, it was horrible. No one supported him, but since he was still the crown prince everyone had to suck around him to gain benefits. 

You being the fiancee of this asshole was given the task to make sure the crown prince did his work and keep his reputation clean. Without so much of a choice, you accepted it and did your work. 

You had to apologize to many nobles for his actions, going around to keep an eye on him, advising him on what he has to do (even though he barely took you seriously). It was like babysitting a child!

What's worse? The moment he found the girl who used to be a commoner, he stuck to her like glue. Not just him, all the other males also did the same, including your brother. One person that surprised you was your ex-fiancee, Lucas. 

The two of you were supposed to be engaged and you did. But because his highness asked you to become that bastard's fiancee instead, the engagement was called off. He is an intelligent man who came from a family of scholars. His father is the royal strategist in the kingdom and knowing that this kingdom is famous for always winning a war, you can tell how capable his father is.

When the two of you met for the first time, he is a quiet boy who disregarded you as a child even though both of you are the same age. He acted as if he knew everything and was more mature than others. 

Your father wanted you to learn together with him so every day you would come to his place to study. Each time you would leave with a pissed-off face. Someone needed to beat his ego down and that person would be you. His ego motivated you to study harder in hopes that one day you can outsmart him in something.

And that you did.

You see, the difference between the two of you is that he grew up reclused and as a result, he knew nothing of the outside world. He may know a lot of theories, but he can't imagine putting them to use in his daily life. You on the other hand frequented the town. Your father is a duke and manages a very large area. Sometimes you would join his visit to the duchy and observe the life of the townspeople. 

At times you would ask your father about what are they doing or how does it work and he would answer you with a question, making you think about it all the way home. It was a fun interaction that made your brain work like hell. 

Thus when your teacher asked about something related to the lives of the people, while Lucas was struggling, you answered him perfectly. 

Lucas stared at you as if you had grown horns on your head. "H-how did you know that? You must be cheating!" He accused you so blatantly. To which you replied with, "You may be smart with theories and facts but you don't know a single thing about people outside of yourself. My family works for the people while yours work for the kingdom."

Your words left a big imprint on him and ever since then, he asked his father to let him join you on your outing with your father. At that point in time, the two of you were getting along. Though there would be a disagreement every now and then, the time you shared together was enjoyable. 

But when you turned fifteen, the engagement was canceled and you were raised to become the crown princess. The two of you had things to do and thus your relationship grew apart.