p r i n c e

In the past, people who were very knowledgeable about something would always be labeled with the word witch. Why? Because people couldn't accept new innovations. Their minds were too short-minded and well, stupid. One of these "witches" was you. (Y/N).

You lived a peaceful life in the middle of a forest. People were too scared to go inside the dark and eerie forest. So you decided to live there. You felt suffocated to live in a place where no one really likes you. Sure, there were one or two people you consider friends and family but the rest of them are all awful. 

Your family was very keen on studying herbs and medicine and you being their daughter isn't an exception. But because of this interest, you would always have to hide and lie about it to not raise suspicion. Every time you cured someone, you would always say it was an accident. But after a while, you got tired of this acting and just freely do the thing you love. You didn't care anymore about the rumors circling you. 

One day while you were busy tidying your parent's shop, people in flocks came for you. You saw fire everywhere. Your parents quickly told you to go away and hide in the forest. Luckily, your grandmother used to live there so you escaped to her house. 

Sure, living in the middle of the forest can be quite troublesome but it gets better. 

The forest has a lot of useful plants you can use to make medicine and herbs. There was also a lot of source of food and water. Your parents would visit you at least twice a month and that's enough for you. They were worried about their daughter might not get married in the future but you assured them that you will, just not so fast.

"That's the last of them. Alright, time to go home."

Taking the last piece of herbal leaf, I turn around and walk back home. I've been so busy collecting herbal plants that I didn't notice the sky changing colors. The vast blue sky is getting cloudy with grey clouds slowly covers the bright sun, which means it will rain soon. I speeded my steps in hopes that I could make it back home without getting drenched. Droplets of water begin to fall down and hit the ground. Why didn't I bring my cloak? I grimaced. 

My house is only two miles away when suddenly I heard a cry. 

I turned around, looking for the source of the cry. It didn't sound like a baby. I walked around a bit more, ignoring the heavy rain that is getting harder and harder. With the fog getting thicker, my eyesight was limited. After a few minutes of blindly wandering around, I finally found a small figure under a big tree. It was a little boy, drenched with rain, his white shirt was stained with mud and soil. His face is dirtied with dust and a bit of mud. His whole figure was so heartbreaking to see.

"Hey there, why are you all alone here?" I approached him gently. He abruptly stopped his crying and flinched, surprised to see me. He cowered away slowly towards the tree trunk with his eyes trembling out of fear. I put my hands in the air, signaling I won't hurt him. "I won't hurt you. I'm here to bring you home, let's get you warm and cleaned up alright?" I stretch out my hand for him to take.

His eyes softened at my gesture and hesitantly, he slowly reached out to my hand before finally intertwining his hand with mine. "Let's run okay?" He nodded and we both quickly sprinted towards my house.

When we got there, I told him to go to the bathroom and clean his body first. He obeyed me and went to search for the bathroom. I didn't really have any boy clothes with me but I remember my grandma still kept my clothes when I was younger so I cleaned them and gave it to him. 

After we both washed up, I gave him a cup of hot chocolate and a blanket to warm his body a little bit more. He sat down on my couch and looked at me with suspicion in his eyes. I sighed and sat beside him.