s t u d e n t

You hated teachers at first. You think they are dumb to have the will to teach children, especially those who don't appreciate their efforts at all. They willingly place themselves at the mercy of these awful children, still being kind to them despite their reluctance to learn. You were once a student as well, so you knew what your friends and classmates were saying about the teachers.  

Never once have you heard a good thing from the students when describing or talking about their teachers. And then it struck you. What if the one who is not good enough is the teacher? Perhaps their way of teaching was wrong, and that's why the students don't listen. The teachers who taught you were all either too docile or strict, none were the right balance. 

So you decided to study to become one. It was simply out of curiosity to prove your point, not for your love of children or whatever. Long story short, you graduated with a degree in education as well as math. You applied as a substitute teacher and got accepted into a prestigious private school. 

The first few days were hellish. You faced scrutiny from not only the students but the teachers as well. Most of the teachers there were already old and had taught in that school for almost all of their lives so they weren't really kind to changes. The only friend you had was the nice security guard who was your age, Bell. His father was the head of security and he was his apprentice. Although he has a rather large build, you found his liking towards flowers to be cute. He said that had his father didn't insist on him being his underling, he would have become a gardener instead. 

You learned a lot from him about this school. Apparently, the students are rich kids who got in simply because they paid a bit more than the usual amount. The teachers all are either already given money from the parents to keep quiet or they just don't care enough to do so. But so far, from your observation, the student's behaviors weren't all that naughty. Sure there was a troublemaker or two, but never to the point of having to cause them to drop out of school. 

When you finally decided to get close to your students, they thought you were only in for their money. But you later proved them wrong after treating them all the same despite their incomes or parents. You relate to them and share the same sentiments about their parents and the other teachers, sometimes you joke around with them. 

After a year of teaching, you understood them. They were divided into three kinds, those who want to be treated normally, those who want to be treated as gods, and those who can't afford it. You get along well with two of the groups and are always fighting with one. Can you guess which one?

The principal decided to let you be a permanent teacher after the recommendation from the previous teacher who wanted to retire because of his old age. He was a kind man and treated you well after a few months of your being under his guidance. He saw you as a good student and favored you quite a lot. Because of him, you could get along well with some of the teachers, although you still wouldn't talk to the teachers who receive dirty money.

Because of your approach to them, your students liked you very much and math became something that was fun for them. Many thanked you for showing them that math was actually not that hard, they even give you a few gifts but you always reject them unless it's your birthday. 

Eventually, a few years passed and time flew fast for you. You enjoyed being a teacher and felt immense pride every time you see your students graduate. Perhaps this is why your teachers all stayed till the end. To see their students succeed in life. 

Your popularity grew each year and by the time a new school year starts, almost all the new students already recognize you from the gossip told by their upperclassmen. This school year is no different. By the time you entered your new class, almost everyone already called you by your name.