c h e a t e r

dedicated to HoNeY_b00

i was so ready to kill the male lead but since yall refused....

When was the last time the two of you had gone on a date? Does he still remember your birthday? He doesn't call you at night anymore. He didn't even spare you a glance during class today. Are you both still in a relationship?

It sure doesn't look like it.

The last time you've talked to him was like three days ago? You've tried talking to him but he would always brush you aside while slithering his arms around unknown girls who were clinging to him. At this point, you were so used to his cheating behaviors that it doesn't really pain you any longer. 

No one knew of your relationship with him, except for your friends. When you've just started dating, he said it was for your own good since he didn't want the girls to attack you for dating him. You agreed with him.

Before dating, he was so loving towards you. His hands would be so hard to get rid off of your body, always touching at some point. You were indifferent to him at first. He wasn't your type at all, even the opposite of it. You despised playboys, especially cheaters. Your mother had left you and your father to marry a man she was having affairs with. Thankfully, your father was strong. He didn't give a fuck about her leaving. Rather, he focused on making sure your future was bright.

So when Wayne started courting you, you ignored him as if he never existed. The mistake was on you though. Playboys will always feel challenged when the girls refuse his advances. They... love challenges.

Wayne pursued you for a year, a major record for him. Every day he would give you gifts, took you out on dates, helping you with assignments, etc. After a year of sweet poems, you were finally convinced that he had changed. He no longer played with girls, even breaking up with all his current girlfriends. He focused on you and you only. 

But all of that went downhill after you started dating. 

He had gone back to where he was before, dating other girls, flirting with them. You didn't expect it, you thought he had really changed. But all of it was just an act, unknowingly, you had trusted a compulsive liar.

You've given him subtle warnings but he brushed it off like a speck of harmless dust on his shoulders. You hoped he would notice it and stopped what he was doing. But cheaters can't change.

Why would he chase you then? He didn't have to chase you for one year. Why would he persistently chase you, only to let you go in the end? It was bewildering to you. 

"Let's break up"

You looked straight at his eyes, daring him to say something in his defense. It took some time for him to process what you were saying. Deep down, you expected, no you wanted him to at least try to prevent this. But Wayne being the fuckboy that he is, "Okay. You were getting boring anyway."

Before you knew it, you unconsciously slapped his cheek with all your might. 

"You deserve it anyway."

You left afterward, not sparing him a glance. But even if you hated him, he still was one of the few boys you actually loved. It still pains you to leave him. Your eyes were screaming, wanting to let out the painful tears. But a man like him doesn't deserve your tears.

It took you a week to recover. A bit unrealistic but you did nonetheless. From that point on, you resolved to never fall in love with garbage like him. You deserved better men than him, a man with better qualities.